At church yesterday, Mike showed a video of several of the children talking about their dads and it was SO precious. I'll admit it, I cried. But then again, what's new? :) I was glad to get to be at Highland, because I love church here, but I wish that I could've been at home. I talked to my dad and grandpa on the phone, and although it wasn't the same as being with them, it was good. I've been incredibly blessed to have a wonderful daddy. I love him very much and am so thankful that God blessed me with the father he did. My grandpa is an incredible man as well, and we have always been very close. I was also reminded yesterday of the absence of PawPaw, my dad's father. This has been only our second Father's Day without him, and although he's with our eternal Father now, I couldn't help but miss him. Happy Father's day Daddy, Grandpa, and PawPaw!
Speaking of fathers, I've been reading a bit in 1 Samuel this morning, trying to prepare for next Sunday's lesson. (Okay, this ties in because Saul was king at this time, and he was also a father.) Okay, get this. The Israelites are having some major issues with the Philistines. Apparently the issue is so big that they're about to go into battle. Small problem: The Israelites don't know how to sharpen metal, which is what weapons are generally made of. The Philistines do know how to sharpen metal, so the Israelites (except for Saul and Jonathan) have the bright idea of giving their weapons to the Philistines so they can sharpen them. On the day of battle. Now I see why God chose the Israelites as his people. They were too dumb to make it without him. Just kidding. Thank goodness for Jonathan being able to kill a whole bunch of men with the sword he had and scaring the Philistines into freak-out mode. What I mean by freak-out mode: Then Saul and all his men assembled and went to the battle. (Without weapons, mind you.) They found the Philistines in total confusion, striking each other with their swords. 1 Samuel 14:20 You know, I would think that after awhile God would get sick of all this junk. Still today, we're doing stupid things and he's still being patient and loving us. We should be so much more thankful than we are!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment