What better way to start a day than with Honey Nut Cheerios and Clay Aiken?
Actually, I suppose I could come up with a few better ways, but Clay was just right for today. He was singing on Good Morning America today, so I made sure to be up in time to watch him. For those of you unaware, I love Clay Aiken. I think he's the coolest guy ever. Really. I've tried to come up with ways to meet him without seeming like just another crazy fan, but I can't think of any. I'm open to suggestions, though! I think Clay is such a genuinely good person as well as an amazing talent. I could go on and on, so I'll stop there. I just have alot of respect for the guy.
After chillin with Clay, I ran some errands and got back just in time to watch my baby cousin's swimming lesson. In case you didn't know, I have a two and a half year-old cousin named Julie who my aunt and uncle adopted from Russia a couple years ago. She is the sweetest, most precious thing ever. Actually, from what my grandpa says, she's just like I was when I was that age. I must admit, I'm not surprised. I was a very smart, cute, and talented baby. ;-) Anyway, today was the last day of her "Mom and Tot" swimming lessons, so family was invited to come watch. It was really neat, because I took lessons from the same ladies when I was a little girl, and I also helped them teach swimming lessons a couple summers ago. Good memories.
After that, I hung out with the fam and made this really cool watermelon lemonade for our family birthday get together tomorrow. I must say that I'm getting to be quite the gourmet chef. Watch out, Rocco! Then, I went over to my friend Kim's apartment and we went shopping for fun home decor stuff. :) Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, thanks to Trevor for adding me to his "Blogs I Read" list as well!
A couple days ago in my Purpose Driven Life book, I read about making prayer constant. It struck me as really cool, because constant prayer doesn't have to be intense conversation with God. Making prayer a constant thing is as simple as breathing one-line thoughts, requests, praises and comments to God throughout your day. I think that's a really cool thought, and something I've done for awhile, but never really considered it to be true prayer. Really, though, what could be a better way for an intimate relationship with God than to talk to him constantly?
Just something to ponder.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment