How sweet it is to have students back in Abilene! I went up to the campus today to take care of some business and it was so nice to see the place with some life in it again! It seems like just yesterday I was a terrified freshman, unsure and hopeful of what was to come. I can't believe it's been four years. I am so thankful that of all the places I could've gone to for college, ACU was the one God chose for me. The experiences here have been incredible, and as I reflect back on all of these experiences and the things I've learned and ways I've grown, I am hopeful that these new and returning students will be able to share in that growth and learning. Although I get upset with the tuition increase every year, I know it's worth every penny. I even think my parents would agree. :)
On another note, if you have a blog and haven't updated in weeks (or months,) it's time for an update. I know way too many of you people who are taking up webspace and filling it with nothing! I miss reading about your lives! Also, if you're reading this blog and you have a blog that I don't know about, post a comment with the link. I'm a blog-a-holic, and I especially love reading blogs of people I don't really know. (Is that weird?) I think in our technologically advanced world, blogs are a great way to get to kind of know people you might not've known otherwise. Also, comments make me happy, so leave me one!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I do enjoy your blog. I am also thankful for your help yesterday at the funeral. I have to tell you, that was the best set of altos I have ever had. If I ever go up to eight, I am moving Emily down from soprano. Y'all sounded great!
Jennifer - found you off a comment on Val's blog -- from a fellow Wildcat, enjoy your days at ACU, even if most of your close friends have left. Even though, I stayed around an extra year for a grad degree and most of my close friends graduated and left me, I survived and it was a pretty good year. Trust me, you'll wish you were back in college after a few years in the "real" world! I don't know how exciting it will be for you, but I do have a blog you can check out if you want. Just click on my profile.
Post a Comment