I had a great weekend in Irving! I got to spend time with my parents, hang out with my best Irving friends, and see two really good movies. I also spent too much money on things like books, pumpkin room spray from Bath and Body Works, movies, and CDs, but sometimes it's okay to spend money. Better to treat yourself every once in awhile than to be a complete miser. (Miser is an SAT word, and if I were still in high school, I would've gotten extra points in english for using it in a sentence. I guess I learned more than I thought.)
Anyway, I saw two REALLY good movies, Garden State and Napoleon Dynamite. I recommend them both, but I recommend the latter as a more moral and family friendly movie. Napoleon has got to be one of the funniest characters I've ever seen in a movie. Picture the biggest dork you've ever seen with a really bad attitude problem and that's Napoleon. Garden State is truly just one of the most strangely creative and interesting movies I've ever seen. I really don't quite know how to put it into words. The bad part about it is that the language was quite offensive and there was one bad scene, but it was still an extremely well done movie, especially for an independent film. It's only playing in bigger cities, so all of you Abilene folk probably won't be able to catch it until it comes out on video unless for some reason they release it here or you drive to DFW. They do, however, have the soundtrack in Abilene, which is really good. All very mellow music. I bought it yesterday and I love it. If you live in Abilene (or anywhere else) definitely see Napoleon Dynamite, because it's here and it's really clean and funny. I'm no movie critic, but I thought they were both great.
Tonight was our first night of Freshman Follies practice, which was tons of fun! After it was over, Josh played piano and we sang some of our host and hostess numbers from Sing Song, and it brought back such memories. Oh, how I miss it! Tomorrow night is our second rehearsal for the Christmas musical at Highland, and I'm excited about that. I had so much fun doing it last year, that I can't wait for this year! Last week, the kids (or really the kids parents and Shelley) gave me a big basket full of stuff for student teaching as a thank you gift for this summer. It was so cool! It had tons of books and pens and pencils and stickers and Advil (the Advil thanks to Kendra, my cooperating teacher, who didn't even know me at the time she donated it to my basket. So funny!) I had so much fun at Highland this summer, and I'm having so much fun student teaching now. I can't even believe how blessed I have been!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
I hope you haven't need the Advil yet! :)
Kendra
Post a Comment