Monday, October 04, 2004

Good Weekend!

First things first: Happy 23rd Birthday, Ryan Porche!

I love those weekends where you really get to relax! That's one of the great things about student teaching. I don't have tons of homework or projects or meetings to balance on the weekends. I get to do what I need to do AND sleep late! Friday night I saw Wimbledon, which was an okay movie. Saturday I slept until 10:30 and then went shopping for my mom's birthday present and also for some Halloween stuff for my class. Saturday night was my roommate Lindsey's senior recital. She was SO great! I couldn't believe how proud I was of her! She is an amazing singer, and seeing as how I dropped that major, I have tons and tons of respect for people who stick with it and do it as well as she's done it. Way to go, Lindsey! Sunday after church I went to lunch with my friend Leah, picked up a Chai Latte from Starbucks and spent a couple hours napping and listening to the wonderful rain before heading back up to church for a couple hours of children's Christmas musical auditions.

Have I mentioned how much I love Autumn? It's my most favorite season. After this weekend, it seems like it may really be here! The cooler weather, cloudy skies, and soothing rain have been present for the past few days.

I'll leave you with some lyrics from one of my favorite songs, "Every Season," by Nichole Nordeman:

"And even when the trees have just surrendered
To the harvest time
Forfeiting their leaves in late September
And sending us inside
Still I notice You when change begins
And I am braced for colder winds
I will offer thanks for what has been and what's to come
You are autumn"

1 comment:

RPorche said...

Thanks, Jennifer! And thanks for the awesome cookies and the Dublin Dr. Pepper--a true friend! I'll try to give you a buzz sometime this week. Thanks for the birthday package and the shout-out on your blog!