Thursday, November 04, 2004

Name my puppy!

A couple weeks ago on the ACU student website, I noticed an ad for Miniature Dachshund puppies for sale. I emailed the girl, told my parents about it, and the rest is history...I am now officially a puppy owner! There were six puppies- four boys and two girls. I chose the smaller girl, and she's SO sweet! I'll be posting some pictures above for everyone to admire! I don't have her with me yet, because she is only three weeks old and has to stay with her mom until she is six weeks old. Since I can't have a dog in the apartment, the people who own the dogs are going to keep her until I graduate. Anyway, I've been trying to come up with a name for her, but nothing has really struck me. This is where you come in! If you have any suggestions for cute girl puppy names, post a comment with the name(s.) The winner will have my utmost appreciation, and maybe an autographed picture of me and the dog.


I also posted some pictures below from Halloween with my class. Only three more weeks of student teaching!

6 comments:

Holly said...

I just love looking at those pictures. She is SOOO cute! Hmm... here are a few names that I like:

Ariel, Jolie, Bambi, Brie, Faith, Fiona, Iris, Ivy, Macaroni, Mia, Phoebe, Pebbles, Winnie, Xena

Also, it's a good idea to try to limit the name to 1 to 2 syllables so they'll respond better! :)

Holly said...

Oh... also... "Bella"... I wanted to name my dog that but it is already the name of my cousin's dog. heh! :)

I'm Kristi. said...

Oh my goooosh! I couldn't resist a link to a puppy, and she is soooo cute!! I think you should name her Bailey. I had a puppy named Bailey for a couple days and I think it was a great name. I'm so jealous of your puppy! I hope everything is going great! ~Kristi

Anonymous said...

I think you should name it something symbolic of what is going on in your life right now, like "W" or something equally entertaining. Or you could go for good ole college memories, and give it like a club name, or Sing Song, or mabye Mainer. That would be funny! -Katey

Jennifer said...

Oh Katey- You make-a me laugh.

Right now, these are the names in the running for the top spot: Mia, Bailey, Libby, Maggie, Macie. If you're opposed to these, give me some more ideas! If not, let me know which you like best. :)

FeedingYourMind said...

I think you should name it Mertle or Hollis. For some reason, I can NEVER remember which of those two names is the girl name and which is the boy. I think someone told me it was Mertle as the girl and Hollis as the boy, but if you ask me, Hollis is a girls name and Mertle is a boy's name. I think that's because my kindergarden teacher's name was Mrs. Hollis (of course that was her last name) and she was a girl (obviously), and then when I think of Mertle I think of Mertle the Turtle, and wasn't he a boy? Hmmmm....maybe you should just name the dog Weinersnitzle (sp?) like the fast food joint, because isn't she a weiner dog? Just ask if you need more name help. I'm good with names as you can tell! ;)