It's been awhile since I've blogged, so I suppose I'll update even though there isn't much to share. I came home on Sunday afternoon after another awesome "Sack Sunday" at Highland. It's so neat to see all the food that Highland members bring for the needy in Abilene. God has richly blessed us! I love seeing the children bringing their kid-sized bags full of groceries up to the front to make their own special contributions. Highland's special Thanksgiving Sundays will stick in these children's minds forever. I still remember collecting change for children in Ethiopia back in the early 80's, when I was around three or so, and bringing it to church in an applesauce jar. That money probably made a very small impact on Ethiopians, but a large impact on me. Countdown to leaving Highland: three Sundays. I am thankful to get to sing on the praise team one last time this coming Sunday. No doubt it will be very special.
This week has been pretty good so far. I'm still mostly in denial about graduating, even though I did address all of my graduation announcements today. I'm getting a little taste of what's to come with this whole moving back home thing- both good and bad. I am so thankful to have a place to stay and not have to get a full time job right away. I will be glad, though, when the time comes to move into my own apartment. It's going to be a difficult adjustment, both for my parents and me, for me to move back into the house. I've grown up alot in the time I've been gone, which is hard for them to see. At the same time, they've gotten used to not having me around, so I'm going to have to learn to respect their space and new way of life. :) It's going to be a very revealing time, for sure. I think we can all use some prayers that the adjustment will be a smooth one!
I posted some pictures of Bailey taken on November 21, her six-week birthday. She is SO precious! One reason that I decided to get Bailey at the time I did is because I knew it would give me at least one thing to look forward to about graduation weekend. It's working. I can't wait for her to come live with me!! Yesterday, we went to Petsmart and got her a crate, a leash, and a Rudolph dog toy to add to the collar and tag that I already had for her.
Anyway, that's about it from the homefront. I'll post again when I have something more exciting to say. :)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment