A little bit of the mundane, as Val has termed these entries. (Although, pretty much all of my entries fall into this category.)
I just got back from a long weekend in Abilene. Even though I lived in Irving for 18 years, Abilene really feels like my home. It just felt so right to be back there. As excited as I was about going to Abilene the week before I went, I didn't say anything about it on my blog, because Katie and I were surprising Lindsey, and boy was she! (Surprised, that is.) I had dinner with one of my very favorite Abilene families, the Lewises on Friday night. I love those people! My brother was there, also, because he's dating little Casey Lewis and I got to meet Patrick's girl. It was so much fun being together again! The Lewises were one of the largest blessings of my last few months in Abilene. After dinner, I met Lindsey and Katie for dessert at Abuelo's with my favorite waiter, Zach, and then we went and saw "In Good Company." It was a REALLY good movie. Saturday lunch, Katie, Lindsey and I went to my favorite restaraunt, Spaghetti Warehouse, and we did a bit of shopping. It was so good to be back with my girls. Saturday night I had a hot date with my friend Zach, Sunday was church at Highland, which was SUCH a breath of fresh air, and I got to see my friends Leah and Becca (among others.) I also got to see Kendra and her kids on Monday morning and went to lunch with Katie, Lindsey, and Zach. The rest of the weekend was more hanging out with my girls and the Riggs. Debbie made dinner Monday night and Will came over and hung out with us. I love the Riggs family so much! I'm so glad that Katie came back to Abilene after graduating! I can't even imagine my life without her now! That's alot of exclamation points!
The one down point of the weekend was the Highland Youth accident, as I'm sure almost all of you have heard about or read about by now on another blog. If you haven't, click on Mike, Val, BST, or Ryan's links to the right for more info. Several of the children injured were fifth graders when I began to get really involved in Children's Ministry at Highland. The little boy who died's parents taught a Sunday Morning children's class this summer, so I knew them somewhat. This situation is such a tragedy, and I'd like to request prayers for not only the families of the children involved, but also for the other children in the youth group, and especially the ones who witnessed the accident from the vehicle following the suburban that wrecked. I can't imagine all the pain that the families and fear that these children are feeling. While I trust in God, in these situations I can't help but ask "Why?" I hate not understanding.
Tomorrow will be my first full day of teaching, 7:45-2:45. I don't feel quite prepared and am completely overwhelmed. I'm afraid I've bitten off more than I can chew, but as always, I know that God will help me to handle it. Prayers for my new teaching job are much appreciated, as well. I'll update at the end of this week to let you know how it's going!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Nah...it would take an AWFUL lot for it to be "too much for you to chew." You're Jennifer Walker! You handled GATA VP, Sing Song Hostess and classes ALL at the same time. I'm not worried about you. There's not much that those 16 kiddos can do that I think you wouldn't be able to handle. They'll love ya, I'm sure!
My first day was really good. I still like it and I want to go back tomorrow, which is a good sign. The kids talk all the time and they won't stay in their seats, which is a problem, but hopefully we'll be able to overcome it soon. I was a little bit mean today, but I was nice on Friday, so I don't feel too bad. The kids are sweet, but they need some discipline. I'll update more at the end of the week...I'm exhausted!
Post a Comment