Thursday, March 31, 2005

no Good title

Two weeks since I've posted! That's probably a record. I don't really care to take the time to figure that out, but it's a safe bet to say it is. Anyway.

The week back after Spring Break was TOUGH! The kids were absolutely psycho. Off the wall. Crazy. Total nut jobs. Fortunately, the week was only four days, and let me just tell you that there's never been a Good Friday that was as good as that one...except for that Friday that made it Good...which was actually pretty bad, but in the end it turned out good. Why do they call it Good Friday anyway? I digress.

Turns out this week is a four-day week also, because my great-great-Aunt Tine died on Monday, and her funeral is tomorrow. She is my great-grandmother's sister, and was the last of the four sisters to go. She was 96 years old, and was one of the coolest people ever, by far. She and my Uncle Obert, who is one year younger than her and still living, visited all seven continents and were the most active old people I've ever known. They took a helicopter trip to the top of a glacier when they were in their 80's. I'm not even sure that I'd do that in my 20's. They were married for over 75 years, and were such an amazing example to many, MANY generations of Southern Baptists (and even to a few of us who aren't.) :) Anyway, I love those people so much, and while it's sad to see Aunt Tine gone, it's joyous to know that she's finally with her sweet Jesus!

I got to sing on the worship team at The Branch for the first time on Saturday night. It was my first time to help lead worship since December, and it was so wonderful to be back up there again. Tonight, I had rehearsal for BIG TIME, which I'm doing on Sunday mornings with the children's ministry. This week will be my first performance, and I'm super excited! I haven't worn a headset mic since Sing Song! Oh, the memories!

Tomorrow night, there's a girls mini-retreat for the girls in the Singles group, and next weekend, there's a real retreat for the whole group. I'm also going to be in charge of updating the website for the Singles group (random, I know.) I got to meet with the singles minister last Friday (yet another reason it was GOOD,) and I was very blessed by the time I got to spend with him and a couple other people from the group. The friends I've met so far are really wonderful, and I'm so excited to be getting more involved. I've been blessed my entire life with wonderful church homes, and I'm so glad that God has brought me to another one.

Today is my baptism birthday. Fourteen years today. I have many thoughts on that. Maybe I'll share them later.

Nine weeks until summer. I think I can, I think I can...

2 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you are back and also glad you're back to singin' (with a mic) again. :)

Katie said...

Yea for you!! I'm so glad that the Lord has opened so many doors for you at FB. Still haven't met Blake?