My official "First Day of School" as a teacher has come and gone. While last January was my first day as a teacher, today was my first time to begin a year with my own class. I have to admit that after the past week, today seemed like somewhat of a letdown. I've been working hours upon hours for the past 10 days in my classroom, and I have to admit, it looks awesome. The amount of hours I spent at school today were a breeze compared to the last week. At the end of the day, I couldn't believe I had done so much work just for that. It's important, though, because I'll be spending more time awake there than I will at home, so it needs to look good. It's very me. I've had tons of compliments, also. My theory is that the better your room looks, the better the teacher looks. Perhaps I'm making up for my shortcomings this way. Since I'm still a new teacher, I'm okay with the fact that I'm not perfect. I hope I work all the kinks out soon, because by next year I'm sure I'll be much harder on myself. I wish I had pictures of what the room looked like before to show you the difference, but I don't. Then again, I don't have pictures of what it looks like now, either. I was going to take some except Bailey chewed my camera cord in half, so it wouldn't matter anyway.
My kids seem to be pretty normal, but it's too soon to tell. More updates to come!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
I'm so glad you blogged about it! I was meaning to catch you online and ask how your first day went, but you weren't online when I was. And I never seem to have any luck when I call you! ;)
I hope day two goes just as well! I'll get up there and see that classroom soon!
Take care!
What??!! No crazy first day of school stories? JWalk- I can't believe you have such normal children that nothing funny happened on the first day. You better make these kids neurotic soon, or I will get bored. I need funny stories!!!
Did anyone have any doubts that Walker's room would be the cutest in Dallas? We all know you're room looks fabulous without seeing pictures. You were born to do this! Congrats on a great first day. Hope the rest of the semester is wonderful!
Post a Comment