No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. This is my third post in one day. Actually, it's my third post within about two hours. Before you go saying that I'm not doing my job educating the future of America, today was early dismissal. My little sweets have been gone for a good while now. (It is, however, still up in the air as to whether I'm doing my job or not.)
This post is dedicated to my new friend Matt who was the grand prize winner of the "Be J-Walk's 10,000th Page Load" contest. I know I hadn't actually publicized the contest or anything, but there was one. Granted I didn't invent the contest until after the 10,000th page load, but still. It exists.
Matt requested a giant pink stuffed elephant from the State Fair for his prize, but since I'm not very good at getting ping pong balls in goldfish bowls or shooting little fuzzy creature things with water guns, he was gracious with me and we settled on a prize of an entry dedicated just to him. Granted I actually know very little about the boy, but I'll try anyway.
I met Matt a few weeks ago at my friend Jerica's apartment. Then I saw him again a week or two later, and we emailed a few times today about our upcoming trip to the State Fair. Everything I know about him is taken from these few interactions.
Good Work Ethic: Matt "works" in the admissions and recruiting department for Oklahoma Christian University. He's in OKC for a couple weeks a month and then down here in Dallas for the other couple weeks. He's trying some new kind of program where he's in the DFW area alot recruiting kids. Now that, my friends, is dedication to the job. There's nothing I hate more than driving over an hour to get anywhere.
Foreign: But not like you think. He has blondish hair and speaks fluent English. He is from Portland, Oregon and educated in Oklahoma. He's only recently been introduced to the beauty of the Promised Land.
Non-judgemental: He didn't make a face or get defensive when I told him I went to ACU instead of OC. I appreciated that he said it was okay, because ACU is a good school.
Fashionable: He likes to shop at Neiman Marcus and other places like that. Uses expensive skin-care products.
Avid reader: Reads 56 blogs a week. I'm sure he wasn't exaggerating.
Fearless: Enjoys haunted houses and public transportation.
Honest: Refers to himself as an old geek because he wants to check out the baking contest and stock show at the State Fair. Actually, I don't think he said that specifically, but since this is my blog I get to embellish. He does, however, refer to himself as an old geek. (For the record, he's neither old nor geek.)
Family oriented: Visiting his grandparents and cousin in Missouri this weekend.
So that about does it for my tribute to Matt. Hope you all enjoyed it. Matt, if you ever run for public office, I should definitely run your campaign. I make you sound like a really great guy, and I hardly even know you. Just think of the possibilities!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
One more thing about Matt - he's a great swing dance / ballroom dance partner.... JERICA
Post a Comment