Wednesday, November 09, 2005

a couple thoughts

Two thoughts on my mind right now:

1) I love my kids. I hate that they never quit talking (ever,) but I really love them. They're precious. Most of the time. It's that feeling that makes me think maybe I want to keep teaching after all...more update on that later.

2) I hurt like I've never hurt before. Not totally true, but fairly accurate. I am SORE! Bless the Lord for Chad Hackler, but this guy is seriously going to kill me. Yesterday when I walked into the gym, I was greeted with a laugh and a, "Today, I'm going to kick your butt." He sure did. Who ever heard of doing one-legged squats?


OK, here's an edit...
I just went out to get my kids from lunch recess, and upon arrival, I was informed (by one of my girls,) that tomorrow they would have to sit on the bench because the boys were falling all over the ground. She was quickly corrected (by one of the boys,) that the reason they were sitting out was not because of the boys falling, but because the girls were chasing them around kissing them, which in turn, caused the boys to fall. One of my little boys looked at me with sheer terror in his eyes, and said, "Miss Walker, I was so scared!" First grade! And it isn't even spring yet!

2 comments:

Katey said...

Don't you just love em?!

princess kelly said...

Hey Jennifer! I just wanted to encourage you to press on to the end of the year. The first year of teaching almost always sucks (I know mine did) so try not to make any big career decisions until next year. I promise that it will get better and just think of all the memories and stories that you will have to tell once it is over. Your second year will be a breeze after this.

Kelly