Tuesday, December 13, 2005

On Sunday morning, I posted a Shane & Shane song that had been in my head (and in my CD player) for the past week. Strangely enough, I actually woke up Sunday morning with a different song in my head, but at the point of my post it was too early to have realized the significance of that song yet. As I thought about it more, it was really kind of amazing. To me anyway. I'd only heard that song maybe twice in my life, and I didn't really know any of the words to it. But as I was waking on Sunday morning, I was singing the whole song in my head. All the words and everything. Weird. And what's even more amazing is that all morning as I would wake up a little bit and then drift back into sleep, I kept thinking about the Lord. I know I said that in my last entry. When I finally woke up for good, I had the song in my head, and this is what it was:


when i think about the Lord
by James Huey

when i think about the Lord
how He saved me, how He raised me
how He filled me with the Holy Ghost
how He healed me to the utmost
when i think about the Lord
how he picked me up
turned me around
how he set my feet
on solid ground

it makes me want to shout
hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you are worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!
Hallelujah! thank you, Jesus!
Lord, you're worthy
of all the glory, and all the honor
and all the praise!


So I was drifting in and out of sleep thinking about the Lord, and then this song was in my head. Seemingly cheesy, perhaps, but I total blessing for me and EXACTLY what I needed that morning.

I encourage you to check these guys out. Their voices are absolutely beautiful together, and they are such gifted worship artists. I've known about them for several years, but have never really listened to much of their music until the past few months. I totally recommend them. You can hop on over to their site and check out their music there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you :( And I absolutely cannot wait until yall come for my birthday. It will be the best present ever. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.