Thursday, March 23, 2006

Last night I got to go to my very first hockey game ever in the history of Jennifer. I've never been much of a hockey fan, but I do love my hometown teams, so when my sweet friend Misty offered a ticket to the Stars game last night, I was in. This wasn't just any ticket, though. It was a ticket to watch the game from Suite 1116. The Dr. Pepper Suite. Dr. Pepper is a huge sponsor of the Stars, so I suppose I should've realized what a good deal this would be. I didn't, though, until I walked in. Here's the view from our suite during the third period. Keep in mind I'm not using the zoom at all.

That's right, friends. No zoom at all. Suite 1116 just happens to be on the lower level of the suites, right above the cameramen and the commentators. Not only that, but it splits CENTER ICE with the OWNER'S SUITE! Not kidding at all. I was sitting about three feet away from the owner and all of his little people. I could've leaned over and talked to them if I'd wanted to. I didn't, but I probably should've tried to do some networking while I was there. The suite was incredible (but nowhere near as nice as Hicks' suite) and not only did I get to see the Stars, but I also watched the American Idol results show on the plasma TV while instant messaging friends from the mini-office area that was set up. Sweet. I got to spend some time with some of my GATA sisters as well as a couple of new friends. The Stars won 4-2 and one of the Dallas girls from last year's American Idol was performing at the game. We had an excellent time, and I discovered that I actually like hockey! Not that I'll be watching any of the games on TV or anything, but it was really exciting to actually be there.

The girls at the game. Front, L-R: Misty, Rachel, Hollie, Kim. Back L-R: Jen, Kaylane, me, Makiyo. You can see the bottom corner of the owner's suite at the left side of the picture. :)

Me with Old Doc Pepper. We got to know each other pretty well during the game.

The commentators that were sitting about ten feet away from us, by the cameramen. They were being filmed for the pre-game show at this point.

Jen and me, roommates for two years in the GATA House of Sin (irony, folks) where she still resides. The two of us comprise 1/3 of BFMF.

4 comments:

Britney K said...

You're so fun! Hope your day is going well! I love ya girl.

Ellison said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Send me those pictures! Can't wait to see you again. Any news from you?

Katie said...

Jennifer, are you going blonde?!? It looks good!

Jackie Beth said...

The group picture looks to me like you guys had potential for a best-hang-out-ever award... Hope everything's going well- JB