Saturday, March 11, 2006

My life seems to operate at only two speeds: whirlwind or slow motion. Of course, it's a whirlwind when you want it to be creeping along at a slower pace and when you're wishing time would fly, the hours and days just seem to creep by. Occasionally they both happen at the same time. This past week has definitely been set to whirlwind, with the turbo button held firmly in place!

Open House was Thursday night and all week was spent getting ready for it. Good thing I had eight parents show up (note the sarcasm.) I'm glad I spent so much time preparing, though, because now my room is extremely clean and neat. It went very smoothly and I'm just glad it's over. I took pictures at Kendra's request, so hopefully I'll have those up soon. I left my camera at school so I'll get it whenever I go up there to feed Spot, Spikey, and Frisky Max. We also recently acquired 20 or 30 guppies, so when you add all of those animals to the 21 monkeys in my class, we're basically turning into a zoo.

Wednesday was my interview for the new school and it was excellent. I love the principal and we had great conversations. Long story short, they've re-zoned the lines and the school lost at least 50 kids which takes a few teacher spots away. She's hired all of the experienced teachers already and was only saving a few spots to put in young teachers. Because of the re-zoning, those are the spots being lost. She said that she's almost positive there will be a couple spots still open and that she is interested in hiring me, but can't promise anything until the newly projected numbers are in. She will get those at the very end of March and said she'd call me to discuss the positions whenever she finds out what she has available for sure. I'm the first young teacher she interviewed, so I feel like I will most likely have a spot. Only catch is that it will be teaching 3rd or 4th grade, not 2nd. Regardless, I'll take it if it's offered!

The 2:45 bell yesterday ushered in Spring Break and I am thankful for it! A whole week of relaxing and taking care of other business. Today I went and looked at a house that's for sale and Monday I'm looking at another. The next one looks incredible and I am SO hoping it'll all work out for me to get it. I'll let you know more about it once I actually get to look at it. I can already picture myself living there!!

2 comments:

Katey said...

Ok-
A. What happened to living with the fam for awhile to save money?

B. I'm so happy that your interview went so well at this new school. I'm sure you'll get one of those first jobs.

C. When is it that you're coming to visit again?

RPorche said...

I'm glad you had a good interview.