It's been forever since I've gotten a chance to post. Several times I've planned to, but didn't remember the plans until I was already in bed. So, here I am and here we go:
I get to keep my job! I don't know if that really deserves an exclamation point or not, but I suppose it leans more towards an exclamation than away. A change (or quitting altogether)would've been nice, but staying in my job and not having to worry about money while planning a wedding is much nicer. I'm up to 16 kids from 12 on the first day. My newest is only a week or so removed from his native country of India. His mother says he understands English but can't speak it fluently. Judging from what little interaction I've had with him so far, I don't agree. It's an interesting thing, though, watching a young immigrant child learn to function in an American school. Since I'm not a bilingual teacher, I haven't had a chance to see it before. He doesn't quite understand the conveniences we have here. After his first time washing his hands in the bathroom, he didn't know how to dry them, so he just shook them off. After I pointed him to the paper towel dispenser, he walked up to it and held his hands under it and just waited for the towels to come out. :) Another student showed him how to make the towels come out, and the amazement in his eyes was so priceless. I have no doubt he'll be quite a challenge, but it'll be a learning experience for both of us.
*********************
I got my wedding dress two weeks ago! It is absolutely gorgeous and nothing like I thought it would be. In fact, of the 13 dresses I decided I wanted to try ahead of time, this wasn't one of them. My mom picked it out while I was trying on another dress, and she did an AWESOME job! I cannot wait to get to wear it! The bridesmaid dresses are also perfect and they compliment my dress as far as the style goes. Absolutely perfect!
*********************
Last weekend Lucas's sister Abby came to town and I got to spend a good part of the weekend with her. I've always wanted a sister, so I'm so excited to get to have a sister-in-law! We got along really well and I can't wait to get to spend more time with her. She and my future parents-in-law are coming to Irving for Thanksgiving and I'm counting the days! I can't wait to get to hang out with them and for them to get to know my family!
*********************
And most recently, The Office and Gray's Anatomy have premiered, giving me just one more thing to look forward to each week. Also, we took our engagement pictures yesterday. That was fun and I can't wait to get them back! I'll post some on here whenever we get them.
Well, judging from how many times I said "I can't wait!" in this entry, I must have a lot to look forward to. God is so good!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
It sounds like you've been pretty busy! "I can't wait" to see the engagement pictures.
Keep going...
Post a Comment