Last year on January 2nd, I promised that this year I would give a little "year-in-review." Now, I'm sure that you all remembered that and have been waiting since then to see what 2006 would be like in the world of Walker. I'll tell you one thing- it was much more exciting than 2005!
January
In January, I had no idea that I would be literally beginning AND ending 2oo6 with a trip to Lubbock. The second weekend in January, I hopped on a plane and flew out to the panhandle for my friend Melody's birthday and for just a BFMF weekend in general. Also in January, I was on quite a kick about singleness and about how grateful I was for being single. Every word of it was true and I could not be more thankful for the 24 1/2 single years I had. I wrote a few blog entries about it, which were quite inspiring if I do say so myself.
February
SING SONG 2006! Of course, Sing Song is always the highlight of the February month.
March
I began the search to purchase my own home and made an offer on a house. The first one didn't go through, but I kept looking. Spring Break offered a bit of relaxation and rejuvenation. Enough to make it to the end of the year, at least.
April
On April 1, I did two really big things. I made on offer on the townhouse that would become mine AND I bought a car. Smart, huh? I also kind of had a panic attack at the car dealership. I also began to dabble in the world of internet dating, thanks to Melody finding her man on there. Met (actually just emailed/talked to) a few decent guys and a few more really strange ones.
May
May was a pretty busy month. I prayed alot for school to hurry up and be over. I also planned a retreat for the singles group at church and moved into my house around the 20th. On May 31st, I got an email from someone named "ltakala" who I blew off for a couple of days before dropping a courtesy email back to. :)
June
I talked to Lucas alot online for the first week of June. I didn't really want to meet him, but he seemed like a nice enough guy, so I decided that since I'd already wasted so much of his time talking online, I could at least go ahead and meet him. I'm pretty glad I did! :) Much of June was spent getting to know him. Rach, Jen, and Jules came to visit the last weekend in June and we had a fabulous time!
July
Lots of hanging out at the pool, lots of reading, and lots of relaxing. Towards the end of July, I went home with Lucas to meet his family. On July 24th, my "niece" Kate was born! She was and still is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
August
Two important things happened in August, the most important being that I got engaged! Only two months after Lucas and I started dating, he asked me to be his wife. The whole quickness of it all kind of freaked me out, especially since it wavered from Dr. Brecheen's two-year rule. ;-) However, we knew it was just the right thing and both of our families were on board. If that isn't a good sign, I don't know what is! The second important thing was that I started back to school for my second full year. Compared to getting engaged, though, school wasn't so important!
September
Bought my wedding dress. Worried my class was too small and they'd dissolve it and I'd be job-less. Fortunately/unfortunately, they didn't. It's mostly fortunate, I guess. I do have bills to pay.
October
Worked on wedding stuff, turned 25 and became pretty boring. Dressed Bailey up as a hot dog for Halloween. She was precious. Finally got with the times and got my very own TiVo. Then LOST ended and the only thing we recorded anymore was Grey's and The Office. It's come in pretty handy. I'm a fan.
November
Lucas's family came to Irving for Thanksgiving and met my family. They got along famously. Was overwhelmed with thankfulness for all of the blessings I've been given over the past year.
December
The last month of the year flew by like a flash. Christmas was here before I knew it and I hardly got any of the Christmas things done that I like to do. I did almost all my Christmas shopping online and it was fabulous. I highly recommend it. We celebrated our six month anniversary by going on our first date again. My fiancee even set up our living room like a movie theater complete with screen and projector so we could watch the movie Cars like we did that first night. Such a sweet surprise! Melody got married and I spent SIX DAYS away from Lucas. Fortunately, that will probably not happen again. I fell in love with Veronica Mars and watched 22 hours of her the week between Christmas and New Year's. Went to the Cowboy game on the 31st and watched them get pummeled. Rang in the New Year by addressing wedding invitations.
And that, friends, is my year in review. Hope your 2007 is richly blessed! Only 67 more days as a Walker!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
I CANNOT believe you just referenced Dr. Brecheen's two year rule! Oh, how I loathed that class (obviously since I was rarely there:) So thankful that I got to see you a few weeks ago, and in not too many more, I'll be at your wedding! Love you JWalk!
PS And Veronica Mars is awesome- I watch it weekly!
Post a Comment