Saturday, November 17, 2007

Good morning! It's 6:40 am on a Saturday, and I am awake. I know, I know. I'm wondering why myself. I'm catching the crud that everybody else and their mama has had, and when you can't breathe, it's kind of hard to sleep. So, after a night of tossing and turning, I finally gave up. It's the second time I've been sick in just over a week. Last time was the stomach bug. Yuck-o. I'm so glad, though, that TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY OF THANKSGIVING BREAK!!!! That's right, folks. Nine glorious days of not working. Today is one of those days that I'm really happy to be a teacher. :) Of course, I'm happy to be a teacher most days, but just especially thankful today.

Today we're having Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family at Grandma and Grandpa's, and Thanksgiving day we'll be with Dad's side at my parents house. I love living close to all my family, because I get to see them all at every holiday! It's such a blessing. Today, I'm making mashed potatoes and an awesome broccoli/rice/cheese casserole. What makes it awesome, you ask? Cheese Whiz, cheddar cheese spears, and Cream of Chicken soup. NO CREAM OF MUSHROOM! I am very adamantly against cream of mushroom soup (see, I won't even capitalize it,) and anything else containing or having to do with mushrooms. The Cheese Whiz just adds a certain creaminess, the cheddar cheese spears are the secret ingredient, and the cream of chicken has a great flavor. I'm not sure yet what I'll do for Thursday, but I'll probably try something fabulous from my good friend Paula, or my new discovery Pioneer Woman. Later in the week, I'll be sharing the recipe for my very favorite Holiday dish, my Aunt Debbi's potato casserole. It's like none you've ever tasted.

My entries always end up being kind of long, and you'd think that instead of doing long entries, I'd just do short ones more often. But, no such luck. I think my cute new header has inspired me to blog once again. No promises that I'll keep it up, but as long as I have something to say, I'll keep trying.

Last weekend, my brother Brett and his precious fiance Rachel were in town with their babies. And when I say babies, I mean hamsters. And when I say hamsters, I mean FIVE! It was like Rodent Fest 2007 at my parents house. Fortunately, we are hamster people. We always had them growing up, and for some reason this year, Brett and Rachel decided to get some. Bailey had lots of fun discovering said hamsters. Here are some pictures for your viewing enjoyment.






And finally, here's a picture of me with my new hair. This was the first day I had it, so it looks a little better now that I've learned how to fix it. Ladies, you know how that is.

4 comments:

Katie said...

OMG i love your new hair!! It makes me want new hair now, too! Glad to see you're blogging more. Keep it up!

FeedingYourMind said...

Your hair looks good, but forgive me for my ignorance...what's "new"? The color? The length?

Julie said...

i hope you feel better soon! i've had the "baby flu" this week and it's just yucky. not fun at all. you look terrific! love you and hope to see you sometime soon!

Julie said...

oh, by "baby flu" i mean that it's more than a cold, but not quite the flu. hence, "baby flu." i haven't been able to sleep, either. stupid stopped-up nose just isn't conducive to anything. ugh.

just wanted to clarify. haha! i always type stupid things that don't make sense! anyway, miss you, jtak!