Saturday, December 22, 2007

The tradition continues! Last night, my parents, Lucas, and I, loaded up the good ol' Grand Marquis and set out to look at Christmas lights. Every year, my family orders up a pizza and a few Dr. Peppers to drive around and look at the lights and sights. This year, my brother is in Midland with Rachel, so Lucas took his place. We went to Southlake where the houses were obviously amazing, but the lights were disappointing. I think fewer and fewer people are putting out Christmas lights every year. I don't get it. If I had a house like that, I'd deck it out! Anyway, here are the pictures we took to commemorate looking at the lights.

Me and Lucas

Mom and Dad

Our Stockings (Hung by the chimney with care)

Our tree (with a little weenie)

Our fresh wreath on the front door

Tonight is the first of our FIVE CHRISTMASES! I am so excited about that! We have Christmas tonight with Mom's fam, Christmas Eve with Dad's fam, Christmas Day with our immediate family and some of Mom's side, then going up to Ohio for Christmas with Lucas's big family, then again with his immediate family. Yay!

I'm pretty much done with all my Christmas shopping. I have a couple more little things to do this morning, and then for lunch, my friend Kim and I are going to Pancho's. If you've never been introduced to the ghetto-grandness which is Pancho's, you're really missing out. Then, it's back home to make our contributions to Christmas dinner tonight- broccoli cheese casserole and mashed potatoes. Lucas is making a pumpkin pie. And with that, I'm off. Everyone have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Well, that settles it.
Pancho's = we are soulmates.

Merry Christmas!

Brittany said...

Jennifer,

Hello from your old Sikes RA! I just saw your blog and I love the post about Panchos! I can't tell you how much teasing I have had to endure from my husband regarding my love for this ghetto restaurant. I LOVE it! Your blog is too cute. I've seen you a couple of times singing at the Branch- you do so well! I am always in mommmy-mode heading to the nursery after church so I never get the chance to tell you. Anyhow, just wanted to say hi! Also, you can add Lewisville to your map of readers!
~Brittany (Markham) Skloss