Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hello friends! I'm coming to you live from my regular blogging spot, with my blogging buddy Bailey. Say that three times fast! She is actually sitting here on my lap as I blog. Not an easy feat with a laptop computer. My red couch is where I usually blog from, although I occasionally blog from my bed. We have an office, but it's always such a wreck that I could never work from there. Plus, Lucas has kind of taken it over with all of his stuff.

Speaking of Lucas, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY! Today is my sweet husband's 29th birthday. He had to work today because there was someone here from the home office. So, we celebrated yesterday. Let me just say, I did a good job this year. Yesterday morning, I surprised him with his favorite breakfast. His mom makes a breakfast casserole that Lucas loves, so I tried it out this year. It was a success! Then, I surprised him with a massage! I use an awesome massage therapist that will come to your house, so at 2:00, the doorbell rang and he was very excited! Then, last night, I surprised him with dinner at The Magic Time Machine with Brad and Britney. We had tons of fun, and our waiter was Captain Jack Sparrow. Excellent. Tonight we're going to Benihana with my parents and coming back home for Sopapilla Cheesecake, his favorite dessert.

It's been a great four day weekend, and I am SO not ready to go back to school tomorrow. At least the week will already be halfway over the first day we get back. Now THAT's something I can get excited about!

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Your spot looks very comfy!!

gayle said...

You are so creative with the birthday celebration! I am sure he love it!

And yes, typing on a laptop with a dog taking up your lap is difficult. I know from personal experience! :)

Cheryl said...

Hi, Jennifer!

I came across your site from Kelly's. I saw that you had a dachshund and had to post. I love them and have 2 myself. I usually have one of them in my lap while blogging as well. Your little dachshund is so cute!!!

Amy Woods said...

I love your blog. I've been secretly reading it for awhile. But the thing thats making me actually comment tonight is...sopapilla cheesecake? What??? Two of my favorite things!! Do you have a recipe or do you buy it somewhere? Fill a girl in!!