Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Hi friends! I thought I'd take a few minutes to blog before I go to bed tonight and share with you some fun recent discoveries I've made. Some of these you may have already made as well, but I just can't resist blogging about them. Enjoy!

I found this website in the latest issue of Redbook magazine, featuring my good friend Giada DeLaurentiis. :) GoodSearch is a search engine that donates money to the charity of your choice each time you use it. It's powered by Yahoo! so it's just as good of a search engine as any. Better, considering the donations!


How to Look Good Naked just premiered last Friday night, and my TiVo is now set to Season Pass for this show! It was completely inspiring and entertaining. I absolutely loved it. A must-see for all women who struggle with body image...and who amongst us doesn't? You've got to check this one out Friday night on Lifetime.


I, along with millions of others, saw Miss Carrie Bradshaw herself on Oprah Tuesday afternoon. Bitten is her new line of clothing, and get this- every single piece is $19.98 or less! EVERYTHING! Isn't that insane? She has tons of really cute stuff and it's all so cheap. The line is carried at Steve and Barry's, which just opened a new store at the Ghetto-Fabulous Irving Mall. I know where I'll be on Saturday! (After Weight Watchers, of course.)


Okay, so this discovery I made during the summer, but I just had to include it on here tonight because I had it for lunch today and was reminded of how great it is. Hello run-on sentence! I've never found a single low-fat frozen dinner that is worth my money and calories, but this one SO is! It doesn't taste like cardboard, which is more than I can say for most of these types of things. It's super tasty and low in Points. Even if you aren't on WW, check it out. You'll be glad you did!

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love the Bitten line! Steve & Barry's had ALL of their clothes on for $8.99 this last weekend, even SJP line, it was great! They didn't say when it would end, just that it would end without notice...her clothes are super cute, and the quality isn't bad either! S&B even has guy's clothes that are pretty decent too, your hubby might like them...and I too love Smart Ones! Good luck with WW!!! Way to go!

Katie said...

omg we're so the same. I LOVED How to Look Good Naked!! Good luck this week, it's almost over! woohoo!!

Amy Renay said...

We dont have a Steve & Barry's but I will definitly have to check out the online store. I too watched Carson's new show and loved it. I meanto to leave you comment earlier about this but forgot...I am doing WW too. I weigh in tonight so I will let you know. I have gained 30 lbs since my wedding!!! Isn't that insane? Anywho, I had one of those new Cafe Steamers today for lunch and it was soooo good and only 4 points. Check back in with you later.

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Hey! Ok... this was a SUPER fun post! :) I have been to Stever & Barrys once.. I need to go again. There is one in Valley View but I also work in Las Colinas so I may try the new one at Irving Mall {In the daylight, of course... hee hee}.

I also LOVE that you put your weight loss progress up! Way to hold yourself accountable! YAY you!

Hope you are having a great day!

HUGS!

Kelli said...

I agree, Three Cheese Ziti is a good one. I also like the lasagna florentine. :) We missed y'all last night, hope to see you soon!

LCFrohm said...

Jennifer-
Thanks for the comment on my blog.
I was worried that it was a bit of an over share on Kelly's blog. But oh well!
Seriously- you do not even look like you have 50-60 pounds to lose. But I understand wanting to lose.
Did you set up that weight accountability thing on your own or from a site?
I'm actually moving to Dallas this weekend. My husband just deployed, so I decided (at least for the time being) I want to be in Dallas with my parents for support.
I told Kelly we had to do another BLOG FRIEND party. :)
Thanks for the comment! I'm going to have to add you to my list of blogs to read. :)
Lindsay

Shauna said...

Hey girl! I for some reason didnt save you in my faves on my laptop so I have some catching up to do - but you are there now!!! Hope you are doign great!

Anonymous said...

some other tasty frozen meals are the smart ones 'lasagna florentine' and lean cuisine 'rosemary chicken'
yum yum

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info - I am actually going to a information session there next Thursday so I am on top of that! Thanks for the suggestion - we will see how they compare with everyone else!!!
Shauna

suzspeaks said...

Hi there! I've been reading your blog for a few days from Kelly's. I loved this post! I love the bitten line...I wanted to go to our store this week on my lunch break..but it didn't happen! Our Dave & Barry's is in a ghetto mall too!

I'll have to try the ziti...I haven't found a frozen meal that I like either, so I'll take your word for it!

Have a great weekend!

FeedingYourMind said...

HA! When I decided I wanted to post a comment on this entry and I got to the bottom of it and saw it already had 10 comments I was thinking, "Oh, so everyone probably already commented about 'GoodSearch'", but now I'm seeing I'm like the first...HA!

Uh, I just wanted to say thank you for introducing me to GoodSearch. I love it! What a great idea...raise money for charities by doing something I do ALL the time..."Google" stuff. Yahoo search engine is fine with me, when I tell myself I will be raising money for other people by doing it. Sure, part of me thinks, "Hmmm...I wonder if this is really REAL", but I figure, what the heck, why not do it anyways JUST incase it is real...HA! It isn't really changing anything in my life to do it. =)

As for SmartOnes. I've been eating a lot of different frozen dinners over the past year because I'm trying to get better at bringing my lunch to work and those are perfect to bring. Well, I've about decided I don't care for the SmartOnes ones, but have you tried any of the Lean Cruizines (or whatever the are called or however they are spelled)? They have one I'm OBSESSED with it. It's called the Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta (or something like that...HA!). If you don't mind shrimp (I know a lot of people don't care for seafood), it's GREAT...and actually halfway filling for being a "healthy" frozen dinner. But I don't know, can you do the ones other than the SmartOnes since those are the WW ones? Oh well. That's my plug for that...HA!