Sunday, March 09, 2008

Fair Warning: This blog entry is rated PG-13 or MA for mature audiences. Please do not read if you are under the age of married or over the age of my parents. This story definitely falls into the category of TMI (too much information.) So proceed at your own risk.

*************************************************************
Last week on American Idol, the constestants had to do an interview about their most embarassing moment. I was thinking about it, and I didn't really have one that stuck out in my memory. All of that changed yesterday morning.

Now, I'm a married lady. And married ladies do married people things. Things that people who aren't married shouldn't be doing, if you get my drift. And if you are trying to prevent having a family in the near future, you use certain helpers to aide you in your quest to not have babies yet. When you're finished with those helpers, you throw them away. I know it's not much of a way to say thanks to that little helper, but it's really for the best to drop it in the nearest trash can. Are we all on the same page here?

So on Saturday morning, I went to work out. I was gone for about an hour. When I got home, Lucas went into the bathroom and noticed that Bailey had gotten into the trash and that a certain little helper was nowhere to be found. While frantically searching for said helper, we prayed that Bailey hadn't eaten it. We could not find it anywhere. So, assuming that it was in dear sweet Bailey's digestive tract, I got online and googled "dog ate a helper." Okay, so I didn't type helper, but you know which word I typed. I found some info about it. Some websites said to just wait for it to pass, some said to induce vomiting, but I was still worried about it. So, I called our vet at Banfield Pet Hospital (Petsmart) and her nurse told me to bring Bailey in and they'd look at her.

I get to the vet, drop Bailey off, and get about halfway back home when they call me and tell me to come pick Bailey up because they don't have the scope that they need to look down her throat. They refuse to induce vomiting for some reason, saying she must have the scope. So, I had to go back and pick Bailey up, then take her to the Emergency Pet Hospital. Lucas meets me there and we wait for a doctor for about 30 minutes. Keep in mind that I have to tell the story of what happened over and over again to every nurse, desk worker, and doctor we see. The doctor finally calls us and tells us he's going to X-Ray. Basically all the $250 X-Ray tells us is that she's full of poop. So, he tells us that he can induce vomiting. (Which is what I asked them to do at Petsmart.) If nothing comes up in the vomit, then we can put in the scope once her stomach is empty. If nothing is found with the scope, we have to wait for it to pass, and bring her in immediately if she starts acting sick, at which point they do major surgery because it's stuck. We tell the doctor he has our permission to make her barf, so he goes off to do that. A few minutes later, a nurse walks in with the "helper" in a plastic baggie, along with a little doggie barf. We praise the Lord for a few minutes, have a good laugh, take a picture (which I won't share with you,) get our dog back, and proceed to check-out where we give them $400 of our hard earned dollars.

All this to say, I now have a most embarassing moment. And the moral of the story is this: flush your helpers down the toilet. If you don't, you might be buying a $400 morning snack for your little weiner dog.

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Um...wow. I'm glad your dog is ok, but that would definitely be embarassing.

Britney K said...

Oh my goodness! I am totally laughing! When I first started reading I just knew that helper was going to have been carried into a family living space! Sad for little B but glad you didn't have to face major parental trauma! :) I LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing!

annalee said...

so glad bailey is safe! there is something about weiner dogs and private items... my sister-in-law has 2 weiner dogs and they have each swallowed a used feminine product and had to have induced vomit to get it back up.

Melissa said...

I totally admire your bravery for sharing this story. I don't think I'd have the courage to!

Jenni said...

Hahahaha!! And that is another benefit of using the pill!!

Katey said...

Thanks for making me laugh out loud as I read this during class!

Melody Forest McKee said...

Oh. My. Freakin. Gosh. You definitely win the most embarrassing moment prize. HA HA HA!!!!

Amy Renay said...

Ok I just said a little prayer and thanked God that all Allie has swallowed are ear plugs!!

heatherw said...

That is a really funny story!

Anonymous said...

This was hilarious! But despite trying to be grown up and mature while reading it all I could think was "Jenny did it in her parents' house! She is going to be in soooo much trouble!" ok and now I'll try to un-regress from Jr. High.

Britney said...

this was absolutely hilarious. i'm a blog stalker..i love your blog. after reading this..i just had to come out in the open =]

Amy said...

Ok, Mel told me this story and I had to read it for myself. AWESOME! I laughed really hard!

Kelsie said...

OMG that is CRAZY!!!!! I am glad the dog is ok. TOO Funny! Hope thisg are going good for you.