SCHOOL IS OUT!
This week just flew by. I feel like I'm saying that more and more these days. I'm really glad it's over, but at the same time, it doesn't feel like it's over. It hasn't quite hit me that I don't have to go back on Monday. I don't have any plans for the summer other than a little trip to Fredericksburg with my mom and a weekend in Abilene. Our vacation this year is our new house and pool. So look forward to lots of exciting blog entries about those two things!
Each year that I've taught, I've either been moving rooms or having to take everything down due to painting/remodeling. This is the first year that I didn't have to do anything but push my furniture to the middle of the room. I was finished with everything by 10:30 this morning, so I headed on over to my mom's school to help her pack up her classroom. I can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but she got a new job as a librarian, so she's changing schools. We got some stuff done, but there was a whole lot left to do. I'm glad it wasn't my classroom!
Tonight, our sweet friends from our small group came over- minus B&B, who are on couch rest, and the Yarbroughs. We had a fun time eating/swimming/talking/worshipping. We've been blessed to be a part of two different small groups at our church and both have been so great for us. It's been especially nice being able to have them come over to our place. We love having a house full of people! It makes it feel like a home.
Speaking of home, hopefully I'll have pictures of the new house in a couple of weeks. We're almost done unpacking, and as soon as we are, I'll get the pics up.
Have a great weekend, and an AMAZING summer!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment