I meant to post as soon as we got back from Kansas City, but here it is four days later and I'm just now blogging. Sorry! I took no pictures, so I guess we'll just have to wait until the professional ones are up and I'll post a couple. Lucas and I really need to get better about taking pictures together. Maybe that should be a resolution.
Anyway, the trip went really well. I had a meeting last Wednesday morning and we left as soon as it was over. A trucker tried to pick me up at a gas station in northern Oklahoma. (And when I say "tried to pick me up," I mean he waved at me from his truck repeatedly and stared me down. It totally counts.) We spent the night in Wichita, Kansas, which is a cute little town. The next morning we got up and drove the rest of the way to Kansas City. We had lunch at Panera Bread, which is a must anytime we're with his family. For some reason, we just always end up there. I'm not a huge fan. (Of Panera, not his family. I'm a huge fan of the family!)
So we end up staying at Comfort Inn (which, by the way, does not feel like home...unless your home is totally nasty.) Lucas and I did have fun singing their commercial, though. We made the best of it. His sister had reserved a block of rooms there because it was cheap and close to everything. The first night I was not at all happy about it, but I didn't want to complain because his whole family was staying there. I just sucked it up and tried not to touch anything in the room. It didn't really look all that dirty (except for the nasty stain on the blanket,) but it was just a bit dingy and not at all what this girl is used to staying in. Not that I need the Four Seasons or anything, but I guess I'm just a little more along the lines of Holiday Inn. I told Lucas that staying at the Comfort Inn was basically my definition of camping.
I got to meet Lucas's uncle and his wife, which was fun. I also got to see his cute little cousin, Kilyn. She is presh. Lucas's whole family is just great. I love them. Abby (his sister) did a great job getting all the details covered for the wedding, and it was super organized. Lucas was a groomsman and he also played the piano while I sang "Be Thou my Vision" during the lighting of the unity candle. We'll get the clip ASAP from YouTube for your viewing pleasure. I know you're excited about that! The wedding was absolutely beautiful and everything went smoothly. Except for the part where I almost dropped the wedding cake. Long story, but the important part is that I didn't drop it and the wedding was able to go on.
We drove straight home on Sunday with only one stop- lunch at Rudy's in Norman. I love Rudy's the most, but I was disappointed with this experience. The meat wasn't good and the sweet tea wasn't good. I chalk it up to the fact that we were in Oklahoma. You can't really expect them to be as good as all the Texas Rudy's locations. I left feeling quite superior. Not really me as me, but me as a Texan. Come to think of it, I got sweet tea at Sonic in KC, and it wasn't good, either. I guess you need to lower your expectations when you cross the Texas borders. I'm kidding about all this...kind of. I really was disappointed, but I don't really think Texas is totally superior. Just a little bit superior. :)
Sunday night we got home and got to see our sweet little weenie dog again. I love that girl! I also managed to somehow submerge my cell phone in a puddle of water, rendering it completely useless unless all you're needing is a clock. In that case, it would work for you. I was going to get the iPhone, but to make a long story short, if I want one it will take several weeks because of changing the service over. So for now, I've got a throwback to 2001 loaner phone, but I'm not complaining. The important part is that it works. The not so good part is that all my numbers were saved to the phone instead of the SIM card, so I've lost most of them.
Monday and Tuesday I had inservice all day which was torturous. Anyone who has sat through these district training days will totally feel me here. Today I went up to the school to work on my room and discovered that the the person who I thought I gave my frogs to at the end of the school year apparently decided she didn't want them after all. Of course, I talked to her five minutes before I left school on the last day and she assured me she was going to take them and I told her to email me if she didn't so that I could come get them. For some reason, she decided not to pick them up and not to email me, so the frogs died. I spent two years caring for those frogs and even nursing one back from the brink of death. When I realized what happened, I was so furious and sad that I cried. She told me that she couldn't find my number and it never crossed her mind to email me. Whatev. I'm just sick about it. What kind of gets me is that the janitor knew that the frogs were in there and didn't contact me to let me know. I mean, what kind of idiot would leave something to starve to death over the summer? Obviously I didn't do it on purpose. Think, people! Anyway, I learned my lessons. Number one, never trust anyone, and number two, never have another class pet!
Tomorrow I'm having some girlfriends that I grew up with over for lunch, then we're going out to Eli's (and Brad and Brit's) new casa tomorrow night. My brother and Rachel are coming into town and we're all going to a wedding together on Saturday night, which will be super fun. I'll make a point to take pictures so I have something more interesting to post!
Have a great weekend!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment