My friend Katy posted an article on her blog today and said something that I've been saying all along. How could any Christian vote for a man who blatantly supports making things acceptable that God is so fundamentally against? I'm not saying that McCain is a perefct candidate. He's far from it, actually. However, I will say that if you are a Christian considering voting for Obama, you MUST read this article. It completely baffles me how anyone- especially parents or future parents- could vote for him with beliefs like this. And if he supports these things, what kind of morals could he possibly have? It scares me to think about it.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
20 comments:
the link to the article did not work :(
Amen, sister! Lord, help us all....
Thought I would chime in on this one. I can't defend the fact that Obama is pro-choice. He is that. But that article's sole purpose was to demonize Obama. The born alive bill was a horrible piece of legislation that doctors and lawmakers alike came out against due to the increase in liability it created. To paint him as an extremist as Mr. George did was not right.
Check out this article that Time wrote which helps put all the votes in context. http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1849483,00.html
The link should be working now.
Obviously the article was written by someone who is anti-Obama and someone who probably does see Obama as not too far removed from demon status. However, it wasn't just the Born Alive bill that the article talked about. There were several different occasions in which he voted against or supported something that is inconsistent with the beliefs of many. All I'm saying is that I want people to understand where Obama stands on an issue that's fundamental to most Christians. No doubt he has some good ideas as well (so far the only one I've found is paid maternity leave,) but I believe that he is a very charming man and many people can't see past that. I wanted to help them.
Wow. That's pretty much my only response right now.
AMEN SISTA!!
Here i go. This is me. I am a christian and an Obama supporter. I have many opinions and responses to more issues but i will focus on abortion. No i dont think abortion is morally ok in most circumstances. But abortion is legalized with bush as president. If it wasnt, those people would find a way to get it taken care of anyway. I understand that it is their fault if something goes wrong and i am not defending their choice at all especially since i myself lost a baby and cant seem to get pregnant again.
Amen!
My phone wont let me post a lot. Anyway, my main point is i am a christian and support Obama. I believe life starts at conception. I wont wave on that. But i cant vote for someone that cheated on his wife, runs a dirty campaign and lies about what he has supported in the past. In those circumstances how can you be a christian and vote for Mccain? It goes both ways if you put it that way.
Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to (the) poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
When the young man heard this statement, he went away sad, for he had many possessions.
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Amen, I say to you, it will be hard for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
---------------------------------
A study conducted last year found 11,762 homeless people living on the streets of Washington, D.C. John McCain has at least 7 homes... worth in the neighborhood of 13 million dollars. He passes some of those homeless people everyday. It's possible to find something un-biblical about every person walking the earth. Each and every one of us.
I'm a Christian. I believe that Jesus is the son of God and that he died to save me. I thank God everyday for his grace. And, based on my study of the Bible and my study of politics, I think Obama's policies are better for this country. I certainly don't agree with every one of them, as I never will with any candidate. That's just life. But, it's my choice. Until now, though, I've not been made to feel I'm any less Christian for making that choice.
I'm sorry you've gotten so much backlash. In a way, I was waiting for it. You have a much broader audience than I. People are passionate about what they believe (and there's nothing wrong with that- that's great, actually). All I was hoping is that people would be informed about their candidate of choice. And I can't vote for a man that upholds low standards of morality. I just can't.
Have you ever thought about Bill Clinton and his infamous "scandal"? After he was found out and everything blew over, his popularity hardly changed (if not even got better, surprisingly)! It saddens me that the world has become desensitized to incidents such as this. Not that we need to visit the past... I'm only bringing that up because it reveals the state of America.
Oh, and thank you, media for all of your overwhelming and biased support for Obama. I commend your hard work and collaboration on focusing your good attention at your favorite democratic candidate, as usual, your fiery darts at the other. You're so successful at tainting the image that many have trouble seeing on their own.
AMEN KATY!!!
Thanks a lot for not posting my previous comment. (Sarcasm intended)
My blog, my comment moderation. As you can see, I posted several with opposing points from me. But you accused me of doing something I didn't do, so I didn't post it. I had one really ridiculous comment come through and I didn't post it either. The joys of comment moderation. :)
I'm just curious if I'm the winner of the "one really ridiculous comment" that came through?!?! =)
Yes! I felt likening ACU to a cult, assassination talk, and use of the n-word weren't appropriate for my blog.
Just for the record, Kim didn't talk about assassinating anyone or use the n-word herself, but she did liken ACU to a cult. :)
I really don't want to pick on commentors...
but if you're going to start quoting scriptures to validate WHY Obama's "spreading the wealth" idea-- I've got to voice my opinion.
JULES stated the parable of following Christ by selling our goods and giving them to the poor.
Very good idea.
But to compare that to Obama's SPREADING THE WEALTH idea is insane.
Christ asked us to do this. It has to be a voluntary CHOICE.
To compare it to Obama, sounds a bit like someone else the Bible writes about, who wanted to FORCE people to follow his plan and the glory be given to him.
Is that a round about way of comparing Obama to Satan...yes.
But that's what he's wanting to do. Force people to be charitable. Force people to have charity.
AND allow the government to decide WHO should get the money.
Sounds like the removal for FREE AGENCY.
Hope this makes it past the comment nazi (j/k!) and makes sense. My brain is all over the place.
This comes to an interesting point in my opinion. My pastor Sunday made an interesting point about the poor. (You can listen to the whole thing at www.champschurch.com.) He was addressing the ten commandments to the Israelites, saying that they were living in a state of so many hundreds of laws, that God gave Moses the "top 10" so to speak to focus on and build their culture, nation, and lives upon. Every leader that was appointed needed to have these qualities. Right? If a candidate is wrong about any of these statutes that God has placed to build our nation upon (since that is all over all of the founding documents from the birth of our nation), that should be a red flag to us as voters. A red flag about their world view in general.
But isn't it interesting that no where does it speak of the poor or healthcare. That certainly is not because poor or sick people have less rights or are less than human. But these are 2 main points that politicians focus on. The thing is, the church does a much better job in caring for the poor. It's the church's responsibility to care for them, not the government. They don't need to be doing anything for the poor except protect them and their rights. The best way to care for the poor and provide affordable, quality healthcare for people is, NOT dumping money into programs or even giving money to the poor. It is having churches fulfill their innate gifting in those areas, having the gospel message furthered in our country, so that people's lives will be changed, they will come out of a poverty mindset, become givers themselves, and have peoples lives changed permanently. THIS, is why we should vote for righteousness.
And, for those republican-sided voters who aren't necessarily for either candidate, please vote. Vote for the candidate that you believe shares the greater moral ideals that you share. There are many that I have spoken with that don't care for either prospect. The fact is, there will be a president elected. And it's your responsibility to have a say in who it is. Vote for the better candidate.
Michael, I read the article (http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1849483,00.html) and was equally appalled. Let me explain (quotes are directly from the article, bold emphasis added):
"Between 2001 and '03, Obama repeatedly voted to oppose bills in the Illinois senate that would have declared, simply, that any child "born alive" as a result of an abortion shall be protected as a "human person" under the law. The bills broadly defined a live birth as any child outside the mother who shows voluntary movement, breathes or has a beating heart, among other attributes."
"Obama voiced concern that if applied to state abortion law, the Born Alive legislation's recognition of a "human person's" rights for the previable would complicate the legal underpinnings of abortion rights."
"In a 2001 statement on the state senate floor, Obama explained his rationale for opposing the bill. "Whenever we define a previable fetus as a person that is protected by the equal-protection clause or the other elements in the Constitution, what we're really saying is, in fact, that they are persons that are entitled to the kinds of protections that would be provided to a child, a 9-month-old child that was delivered to term," he said. "That determination then, essentially, if it was accepted by a court, would forbid abortions to take place. I mean, it would essentially bar abortions, because the equal-protection clause does not allow somebody to kill a child, and if this is a child, then this would be an antiabortion statute."
So Obama opposed giving a living, breathing child the rights of a human person. Because someone at some point filled out paperwork stating they did not want that child, they therefore have ZERO rights even when they are fully born, fully breathing and have a beating heart. That spits in the face of all that American Law stands for. "Equal rights unless I say otherwise."
The basic premise for the legality and morality of abortion is defining human life. No-one has argued against a full-term, fully born, breathing, beating-heart child being called a living human. Or so I thought.
Your suggested article only further proved Obama's blatant disregard for human life. His statements and actions will only lead to post-birth abortions being considered in the future.
I'm saddened for your readers that you've led them to believe that I said ACU was a cult...though you don't come out and SAY I said it was a cult, your minimal context on what I actually DID say (due to your refusal to post my "ridiculous" comment) can only leave one to question.
For the record I did not say ACU was a cult. I merely gave reference to how I can see how religious communities could be viewed as cult-like, due to some of their preachings and techniques. Maybe my comment needed to be more detailed at that part as I might have led you to a misunderstanding as to where I stood on it all. Trust me, I'm a HUGE fan of ACU...anyone who actually knows me knows that.
Of course, anyone who doesn't know me, should take the time to learn more about me, before assuming I'd say such a thing, when it was being referenced to me, not coming directly FROM me.
In the end, I do thank you for at least clarifying that I didn't make any reference to assassinating on my behalf...though the readers might not know exactly what I said, I really do appreciate that disclaimer as to keep the FBI from knocking at my door. =)
Post a Comment