Friday, November 28, 2008

First, if you're reading this on a reader, check out my real blog to see my fun new holiday design. If you'd like your own holiday design, visit Pink Armchair Designs and order a stock design for $15 or a custom for $30+.

I can't believe my week of vacation is almost over! And even more, I can't believe Christmastime is here! I'm wearing my new Christmas pajamas, so that must mean it's officially the Christmas season. I've heard alot of people saying this year that they got out their Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. I always take mine out the day after Thanksgiving, but I must admit that we got an early start this year. We set up our trees (all three of them) the day before Thanksgiving and we're slowly but surely getting everything else in place. This is the first year to have a whole house to decorate, and we're having to just do a fraction of what we really want so that we don't break the bank. I'll definitely have some pictures to show in the near future.

On Sunday, we went with my parents to Beaver's Bend, Oklahoma and stayed in an awesome cabin for a couple of nights. Unfortunately, while we were there I got a stomach bug that would hit me hard at night, so I spent alot of time in the bathroom and didn't get much sleep. The days were fun, though! We drove around the state park, went down to the lake, cooked yummy food, and hung out in the hot tub. Usually when we go out of town, Bailey stays at my parents, but since they were with us, Bailey went with us too! It was her first vacation and she LOVED it! We're planning to make a tradition of it and hopefully my brother and sister-in-law will get to go with us next year.

Thanksgiving was great, of course. It always is. I love getting to see all my family and eat our awesome traditional Thanksgiving food. I tried out a new recipe from Paula Deen this year. It was similar to my pumpkin cake that I posted, but the cake was cut into bars and topped with a cream cheese icing. Definitely a hit!

Tonight Lucas and I went with Brett, Rachel, and my parents to see Twilight. I read all the books within a period of about a week this summer. Obviously since I devoured them so quickly, I loved them! The movie didn't disappoint. It was very true to the book and I loved almost all of the actors that were cast. If you like to read and you haven't read the books, please run to your nearest bookstore/library and get them! If you don't like to read, shame on you! Just kidding. If you don't like to read, see the movie anyway. It's a fun story. My husband even liked it. Right now I'm reading The Shack. I actually purchased the book almost a year ago (way before all the hype,) but I haven't been able to bring myself to read it until just now. It's definitely a good book, and I'm only about halfway through it. I can't wait to see what happens! Next up is The Host, another book by Stephenie Meyer (Twilight.) Hopefully I'll get to read that one during Christmas break. But enough with my literary ramblings. I'm off to bed in my cute pajamas!


(The cute pajamas.)

3 comments:

Katey said...

I'm a little embarassed to say that I'm probably going to see Twilight tonight with people even though I haven't read the book. Sooo not like me- but I haven't had time between work, Youth Group, and Grad school. And I read the Shack in October- very, VERY hard for me to read, but in the end I was glad I read it. Although, I look at it differently than most people I think you will really appreciate the lessons learned from it too. Miss you JWALK!

Amy said...

Love the new design. One day I'm going to cover everything I own in damask and houndstooth.

Melanie L said...

You will LOVE the Host. It's a bit more sci-fi than Twilight, but stick with it. Stephenie Meyer is a master of character development and relationships. I loved it!