Monday, January 26, 2009

San Diego- Day 1

Lucas and I spent last weekend celebrating his 30th birthday in San Diego. I wanted to surprise him with a fun trip for his birthday, so I decided to book a trip to Sunny Southern California. What better place to spend mid-January?

The Monday before we left, I gave Lucas a gift basket full of all kinds of California goodies and two San Diego guidebooks. He acted a little confused at first, but I think he figured it out pretty quickly. We touched down in San Diego around 10:00am on Saturday. We picked up our rental car and headed out to Point Loma to see the sights.


Point Loma Nazarene University. Right on the beach. Amazing.


Surfers on the beach at Point Loma
.

Our first picture together in San Diego


The gorgeous palm tree-lined streets


After Point Loma, we headed to In-N-Out for lunch. The best cheeseburger I've ever had. Please come to Texas!


After we ate lunch, we headed to our FABULOUS hotel, the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay.


I had booked an Ocean View King room, but when I checked in, the attendant upgraded us to a suite for FREE! We stayed on the 11th floor and had an incredible view of the pools, bay, and Pacific Ocean.


The gorgeous pool area


After getting settled at the hotel, we headed out to Pacific Beach to have dinner at Gringo's. We sat out on the patio and enjoyed an amazing SoCal evening. Gotta love the single person pics.

My sweet husband at dinner.
.
After dinner, we walked down to the beach to walk in the sand, but it was dark and too cold to enjoy it. So, we headed back to the hotel and went to bed at 8:00. I know. We're WILD! (In our defense, though, we'd been up since 5:00, and it was actually 10:00 our time.) :)
.
San Diego Day 2...coming soon!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

You're not Nazarene are you?? I just thought it was strange that you guys came across Point Loma! As an itty bitty denomination, I'm always impressed when people mention it.

Jenni said...

That is too funny! I grew up Nazarene as well...my grandfather and one of my uncles are Nazarene pastors. I went to Southern Nazarene University for a year, but I think Point Loma could've held me all 4! It is beautiful!!

Leanne said...

Awwww, you made me a little bit homesick. I am from San Diego. I have only been in TX 3 years. I still miss San Diego just about every day. Looks like you guys had a blast!