It's very late and I need to get to bed, but I thought it would be sad if I passed up today without saying anything. I'd had big plans to celebrate, but it's just been too crazy lately with the end of school, etc.
My blog is five years old today. This is also my five hundredth post.
I originally started this blog to keep up with my best friends from college as we were graduating. Most of those girls I don't even talk to anymore. We thought we'd all be best friends forever. It kind of makes me sad to think of those naive girls, about to embark on six seperate journeys, so desperate to keep those friendships alive.
I'm so thankful for those old friendships, the memories I have and the lessons I learned, but the reality of life is that we grow and change. My life now is very different now than it was then. The Lord has blessed me in ways I couldn't have imagined five years ago. Since I started this blog, I've interned in children's ministry, did my student teaching, graduated, moved back home, started teaching, became a member of The Branch, began experiencing the Lord in a whole new way, bought a condo, met and married my husband in less than a year, built some wonderful friendships, started a business, bought a house, began leading worship, and got a new job. And those are just the big things!
Thanks to everyone who has joined me on this journey. Here's to many more years of blogging to come!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
5 comments:
Happy Blogoversary! So glad to have found your blog=)
Congratulations! That is a big achievement in my book. Five years...and FIVE HUNDRED POSTS!!! That rocks!!
This is SO my favorite blog to read! I hope you get to post a little more in the summer. Love you!!!
Such a faithful blogger you are!!! You will be a great "mom blogger" when that day comes!
Hmmm....maybe that's what I should hire you for! :)
Hope the shower was successful yesterday. :)
Congratulations on five years of blogging! It must be great to have such a journal to see where your life has taken you!
Post a Comment