So I guess this blogging thing isn't going to get any better until graduate school is over. Which should be about three years from now. Awesome! See you in 2012!
Just kidding. Kind of.
The summer has been great so far. Really, it has. It's been busy, but I can't complain. Grad school takes alot of time, but I'm so fortunate that I get to do it all from the comfort of my red couch/brown chair/bed. I'm doing well, but really, did we expect anything different? I was blessed/cursed with one of those overachiever mentalities. Thanks Mom! Of course, it's hard to not do well in a class where you read children's books and another class where we're learning about instructional technology. I mean, hello. I was just hired to be a Librarian/Instructional Technology Specialist. Ask me how I'm doing again next semester when we're learning something I have no clue about and I'm trying to do a brand new job at the same time.
If you ever wondered how many stupid/annoying people there are in the world, watch daytime TV, drive on Dallas roads, or sign up for grad school. I can't believe how many whiners, complainers, and illiterate people are in my class. You'd think that if you're taking graduate level courses you would a) expect the courses to be alot of work and b) know how to communicate via the written word. Apparently many people do not. Note to half the people in my class: go back and take freshman level English, then suck it up and realize you're not in high school anymore. Dear Lord, please forgive me for that little rant. I just really needed to get it off my chest.
Our puppy Maggie got her girl parts removed (or whatever it is they do) last week and she refuses to quit chewing on her stitches. We got one of those cones to go around her neck, but she looks so pathetic when it's on there that I feel sorry for her and take it off. Hopefully her guts don't fall out.
I've been Jazzercising everyday (except for today, because I have entirely too much to do, which is why I'm blogging) and it is totally paying off! I'm down 15 pounds since I re-joined WW. I won't tell you when that was, because I should've lost more than that by now. However, since I started Jazzercising daily, just a month ago, I have had tons of compliments and people asking me how much I've lost. Exercise, people! It works!
Speaking of Jazzercise, I'm about to take a two week hiatus. This Friday starts marathon vacationing/summer camping. Friday afternoon, Lucas and I, along with Brad, Britney, and one of the cutest babies in the world, are setting out for Destin, FL. We are so excited for a real, relaxing vacation! If you have suggestions for where we should go to eat and shop while we're there, please send them my way. After we get back from Florida, I'm going to camp with the youth group. I've been asked to help lead worship and I am super excited! Matt promises that this is going to be the best band I've ever sung with, so my expectations are high! I went to camp every summer as a teen, and the last time I went to a church camp was in 2003 when I interned at Westover Hills in Austin. Even with the heat, bugs, and camp food, I still love it! Surprising, huh? I'm totally not an outdoorsy girl.
Just three days after I return from camp, I'll be helping with a music day camp up at the church for the children's ministry. They are doing a weeklong camp to learn a musical, then they will perform it at the end of the week. I'm the vocal coach for soloists and there's a rumor going around (okay, straight from the director to me) that I'm going to be singing a solo in the musical. We'll see if it really happens. During that time, the in-laws are coming to visit. After that, I have one week of summer left and I start work. The one stinky thing about the new job is that I have to go back earlier. However, I get paid more for it, so I can't really complain.
I have more to say, but you're probably sick of hearing me ramble, so I'll try to check in again soon and ramble a little more. I also plan to post pics and such from Florida...but don't get your hopes up!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
I've heard Destin is awesome! I've never been, but my 7 year old has been twice! Kind of messed up ;-)
Have a great vacation!
Where do you jazzercise at?
Me is sad......
Welcome to grad life! Remember when you thought us grad students had it "easy" by "just going to school" and doing the projects and writing and working on a thesis/dissertation project? You will always find more to do and never have enough time!
Your classmates sound like me students! Why do we have to do work, can't you just give us a grade for showing up sometimes?
My cat licked her stiches when too! Then my other cat decided to help her out. I had to cone-head her too, but she actually felt safer with it on.
Have a good time on your vacation!
Post a Comment