Summer is over. It's official. And this is probably the longest I've gone in between blog posts in the 5+ years I've been doing this thing. I think this was probably the busiest summer of my life. Ready for a quick recap? Ok. GO!
As soon as school was over in June, I started grad school. That was the least busy part of my summer and even that kept me ridiculously busy. After about two weeks, Lucas's sister and bro-in-law moved in with us for a month and a half. It's hard to have other people living in your house with you. After they were there for a couple weeks, Lucas and I went to Florida with Brad, Britney, and Eli. We had tons of fun until Brit had to have her gall bladder taken out and we had to leave them in Florida. :( Two days after we got back, I went to Camp One with the youth group to help lead worship. I had a great time, but I kind of felt like a bum because I was doing grad school work all week except for rehearsal and worship times. I was home for two days and then Spotlight Camp began. That's the children's ministry day camp where the kids put on a musical at the end of the week. It was great. The kids were precious and the same teens that were at camp the week before served as counselors. Those teens are awesome. I was very impressed with them at both camps. In the midst of Spotlight, Lucas's parents came into town for a week. While they were here, Abby and Chuck (Lucas's sis and bro-in-law) moved out. His parents left on August 6th, we left at noon on the 7th to go to Abilene for Rachel, my sis-in-law's graduation. We came back on Saturday, played hooky from church on Sunday (our first day spent alone since the middle of June,) and I started back to work on Monday. This week I put my office together, taught my first two staff development sessions, and attended two days of meetings. Grad school ended today. Every free day I had in there was spent studying and jazzercising. Summer? What Summer?
So now you understand why I haven't been blogging. I haven't even had time to read blogs. My google reader got up to over 200 unread posts at one point. That is totally not like me. I'm ready for school to start so this crazy summer is over. I can't wait for next summer. It is going to have to be less busy than this one. It couldn't possibly get crazier.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
5 comments:
I'm tired, just reading this! It was so good to see you yesterday, I'm glad you came by!
I'm with the first poster, I feel winded just reading this post! LOL
If it makes you feel better, my Google Reader continually has a 1000+ of unread posts. I'll never get to them all. Tear.
So glad you posted!! :)
I'm glad that you are back! I can sort of feel your pain. I feel like I had no summer at all! Once wedding stuff was over it was already time for me to come back to school. Blah! Maybe we'll both have relaxing summers next year!
Hey - you didn't mention all of your exciting hang out sessions with the Crandalls!!! :)
Post a Comment