Thursday, September 24, 2009

Have I mentioned that I love my new job? If I haven't, let me mention it now. I LOVE my new job. I couldn't have gotten out of the classroom at a better time. I'm really glad that I gave it five years, but I'm also really glad I didn't give it any longer than that. This new job is crazy busy and I pretty much never stop, but I wouldn't trade it for any other job...unless maybe I was a full-time worship leader or owned my own store. But other than those things, I wouldn't trade it. :) I'm also learning alot of Spanish. Phrases like:

Estos son libros para usted.
Buscar un libro.
Siga las flechas verdes!
Tus tienes una abuelita y abuelito?
Yo soy una bibliotecaria.

Awesome, right? I also wrote a song en Espanol. It's really good, if I do say so myself.

(Sung to the tune of "London Bridge.")
"Bienvenido a la biblioteca, biblioteca, biblioteca.
Bienvenido a la biblioteca,
Me alegro de verte!"

I'd translate for you, but I figure since I'm becoming bilingual, you might as well use this opportunity to become bilingual as well. Google has an awesome translator that has become one of my closest friends in the last couple of weeks.

---------------------------------

Speaking of closest friends, I want to stop here to give a shout out to our small group at church. It's literally a very small group. And it's not exactly an official group, or I have a feeling we would've been disfellowshipped by now. (Maybe it helps that our co-leader's uncle and grandfather are both on staff.) Our curriculum is less than traditional, but completely appropriate (well, kind of...) for the place we're at in life. Every week, we spend Friday nights sharing a meal and fellowshipping in a variety of ways. We learn new and exciting parenting skills, ways to enhance our marriage, how to laugh, how to cook exotic foods, and all about the boys bodily functions. And we've been more blessed than we even thought possible. We love you, small groupies!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad you like your small group...and I'm sure that whatever you study is fine! :o)

Kim said...

How fun! It's so good to hear from you =-)