Sunday, January 24, 2010

The past month has been such a wonderful break of vacations and lack of grad school that I just haven't wanted to be at the computer much. Thus, I haven't blogged. Actually, I have blogged on my book review blog and I've done a few designs for some customers, but I haven't blogged over here.

We had a good Christmas. It wasn't great because my brother and sister-in-law's flight got canceled and we didn't get to see them except for two hours right before we had to leave for Ohio. I know it's better than nothing, but still not good. Basically, I believe that families should live in the same place. At least my family, anyway. If they had been able to come a day earlier, it would've been absolutely amazing. We had a white Christmas in Dallas for the first time in 80 years AND we got our new furniture delivered on the 23rd. We spent a week in Ohio between Christmas and New Year's Day. It was nice to see Lucas's family, but to quote Relient K, "Ohio has the flavor of a water chestnut." I never really believed it before I started going there, but it's true. And I'm not a big fan of water chestnuts. Actually, the temperature is more the problem than the flavor. It's just so stinkin cold there! We love being with them, but we would much prefer to be with them living here in Dallas. Maybe someday.

So I decided to make this video to share so that you could see the lovely Dallas white Christmas as well as our lovely little home. I shot it on Christmas Eve on my Flip camcorder, but it took me awhile to actually get it onto the computer. What can I say? I had better things to do. Like watch my fellow Texan Jake on The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love. And that requires way too much concentration to upload a video. But anyway, here it is now. Please excuse my awful close up look as well as the jingling dog tags that are throughout the video. Also, you might want to have a trash can nearby in case you get nauseous from all the movement. What can I say? I'm no Steven Spielberg. Enjoy!




1 comment:

Kim said...

I LOVE your new furniture! And the old furniture looks so good in the front room! I can't wait to come sit in one of those chairs. They look so comfy!

You're hilarious... "practically a blizzard".

hahaha