Sunday, May 30, 2004

Memorial Day Madness

I must admit that I'm excited to go to bed tonight. Not because of the fact that I'll get some much needed rest and not have to wake up early for work, but because of something much more exciting.

The Mary-Kate and Ashley Memorial Day Marathon.

Yes folks, that's right. A day originally intended to pay homage to our fallen soldiers is now simultaneously used to celebrate the absolute rediculousness that is the Olsen Twins. Hours upon hours of "Full House" and "Two of a Kind" back to back. I really would like to thank ABC Family for this exciting opportunity to be annoyed for an entire day...and a vacation day, no less. Then again, maybe slain soldiers and the Olsen twins do have something in common. Both are heroes, right? I mean, soldiers are heroes to more mature generations of thankful American citizens and Mary-Kate and Ashley are "heroes" to teen boys everywhere. Of course it makes sense! What was I thinking? Anyway...


So nothing super exciting has happened since Friday night. Saturday was well spent being tired from the night before and doing basically nothing. I hung out with Kristen on Saturday night after her long day doing clinicals at the nursing home, and together we continued to do basically nothing.

Today was a worship team day at church, which means I had to get there REALLY early and with the whole intern thing going on I ended up staying fairly late. The most exciting part of my afternoon (other than talking to my mom and grandparents, of course) was taking a nap. I have always been fond of Sunday afternoon naps, but rarely feel like I'm really at a place where I can afford to take one. I decided that since I'm off tomorrow and since the only thing I had left to do today was to work out, I deserved a nap. It was great. After I got up, I watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition and an ABC Family original movie that was quite cheesy (surprising, I know) and worked out. Finally, I watched Law and Order: SVU, which I have become addicted to in the past week, thanks to my roommate.

So quite obviously, Friday night with Daniel was the climax of my weekend. Summers in Abilene are nothing short of magical, don't you think?

No comments: