I am so thankful. It's amazing the ways that God blesses our lives, especially when they aren't what we're hoping for or expecting. Tonight I finally got to hang out with my cute bowling boy. We talked on the phone for a long time on Thursday night and again on Friday, and decided to get together Friday night. I was excited about getting to see him because he's such a great guy, and also because I've had a HUGE crush on him for several months. He came over to the house and we planned to watch a movie, but we didn't see anything that appealed to us, so we ended up just talking...for five hours. I don't know if I've ever had a conversation that lasted that long before, much less with a guy. It was the strangest, most wonderful thing. I mean, I knew that he could talk, but I never expected to have so much to say to each other that we would talk for that long. Before last night, our longest continuous conversation was probably less than five minutes.
He is really great. We talked about almost everything, but mostly about our faith and our convictions. It was so weird how on track we were. At one point he said "Wow, it's like you're walking around in my head." Really, it was kind of freaky, all the things that we believed and the things that we'd been thinking about lately and the places that we are in our spiritual walks. All the same. We also talked about parents and pets and past relationships and even in those there were eerie similarities. It's so strange, but it feels so nice. It's not like I have to try to impress him or be someone I'm not.
Going into this, I prayed that we would get to be good friends and that if he were the right type of guy for me it would turn into something more. I don't know what the future holds, but I know that God has a great plan for each of us. Regardless, I am so thankful that he is a friend and even though the thought of a relationship that's anything more than friendship isn't a probablility right now, I'm okay with taking it one day at a time.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment