Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Blog withdrawal...

It's funny how fast you get addicted to this kind of thing. I haven't been able to write since last week, and I felt like I was about to go crazy without having this random little place to write down all my thoughts. So, yeah. I'm an advocate for Blogs. I think they're really good for your mental health. Perhaps I should become a Blog therapist. I bet there's no such thing. I could be the first! Ok, anyway.

After a LONG weekend, I am mostly settled into my new apartment. It's very cute, and I love it. It's a bit smaller than my old house, but for the summer it's all mine, so I'm loving it! I've always been terribly scared to spend the night alone, but each night it's getting a little bit easier. The deal is that I'm gonna have to get used to it eventually, so I might as well not fight it. I did well last night. Not scared at all. Of course, that could be because my bedroom door also has a lock, so it would take alot for someone to get me. I can definitely see potential for loneliness, but I'm thinking that by the time I reach that point, my roommate will be moving in.

Just for the record, I'd like to state that I have the most amazing parents in the world. Really. You might think that yours are good, but I promise they're nothing in comparison to mine. They haven't always spoiled me with abundant money and brand new luxury vehicles, but they've always provided for me more than I need and taught me what I need to know to function well and thrive in life. This weekend was no exception. They drove down on Saturday morning to bring my couch, table, and various other things I needed. They stayed all weekend and helped me move, clean, and bought me all the things that I needed to set up the place. I don't know what I would've done without them. My mom says I probably would've just sat down and cried, and I imagine she's right. While I haven't always loved or agreed with everything they've done (I was/am a strong-willed child,) I think that they're wonderful examples of parents, and I hope to someday be as good as they have been. Maybe my kids will even write a blog entry about me someday. :)

No comments: