Saturday, June 12, 2004

Randomness, randomness is what I long for.

I am easily annoyed. I’ve heard it said that patience is a virtue, and while I do believe that I am generally a virtuous woman, there’s no doubt that I was skipped over in the line for patience. This isn’t really a very good thing, but I’m working on it. (Only kind of, though.) Right now, I’m finding myself especially annoyed. First, I’m annoyed with my computer mouse. It’s not working right. It takes me about five minutes to get the cursor to move to the left side of the screen. This may not seem like that big of a deal, but when you have no patience, it is. While we’re on the subject of computers, I’m really just annoyed with my whole system in general. It’s old and it keeps getting all of the crappy ad and spy stuff installed on it, and that’s even with using Ad-aware, Spybot, and No Ads every day! UGH! Other annoying things: stupid boys, stupid people in general, slow drivers, bad drivers, Paul Schaeffer from the Late Show, people who talk to you online all the time who just say “hi” and then don’t have anything else to say, fast food restaurant workers who can’t figure out how to give you your student discount, Abilene news and commercials, etc. I have more, but I’m annoying myself with all this complaining. I’m sure you’re happy about that.

OK, mood swing. So the reason I started thinking about annoying things was because of my mouse and because of Paul Schaeffer, and before I got off on that tangent, I was about to say this: When I was watching the Late Show (which was where the Paul Schaeffer annoyance came from,) David Letterman was interviewing Sean Combs. He was talking about being a designer and about his line of clothing, Sean John. He said something about how he designed the jeans he was wearing, and David thought it was funny that he said he designed the jeans. As if there’s anything about jeans to really design. Then, Sean said that what he loved about America was that he could say that he designed those jeans and it was ok. I don’t really know what that has to do with anything, but I guess it does. I was thinking that maybe instead of appreciating Freedom of Design or whatever you’d call that, he should really be mostly appreciative of the fact that in America, it’s cool for him to be known as “Puffy,” wake up one morning and decide to be “Puff Daddy” instead, and yet again change the name to “P-Diddy” with America sticking with you all the way. That’s what I’d appreciate about America if I were Sean “Puffy/Puff Daddy/P-Diddy” Combs. One time one of my parents called him “P-Diddly,” but they said it with all due respect. They can’t help that they aren’t all up on Pop culture. However, they did rent the movie “Along Came Polly” tonight, which does speak of their hip-factor at least somewhat.

I guess I write about stuff like this in order to mask my real feelings. Isn’t the whole point of a blog to get your feelings out? I think I’m too tired to really think hard enough about how I feel. It’s easier to just kind of ignore it, I guess. I really have nothing to complain about. I’m blessed.

Uh oh! The super-cool and technologically advanced Abilene KTAB news is telling me to take cover because apparently there’s been golf ball sized hail pelting the booming metropolis of Noodle, TX and it’s heading in this direction. For this, they feel the need to break into Conan. I’d better go get the candles in case the massive hail cuts the electric lines!

I’m still annoyed with my mouse, just for the record.

No comments: