So, I've already finished the first book on my book list. I can now cross off And Both Were Young. I really liked it alot. Madeleine L'Engle is my favorite author, and I've yet to read anything of hers that I don't like. She's an incredible Christian writer. Her books aren't necessarily Christian, but her faith and beliefs come out in all of her books that I've had the opportunity to read. Now I'm onto my second book, Meet the Austins.
I am super excited, because this weekend I'm going home! I definitely need a break from the Abilene summer in order to keep my sanity in tact. I haven't been doing hardly anything at all after work every day, which is my fault, of course, but still. I need some excitement! I've been heading up the children's ministry for the past couple weeks, and while it's been a wonderful blessing, I'm ready for a short break. I'm going to get to see some ACU friends this weekend, which is super exciting. Kim and I are hosting GATA's 1st Annual 3rd of July Extravaganza in Irving on Saturday night. If you're in GATA, email me for details. I also get to hang out with my Mom's very cool side of the family, who I absolutely adore. It's gonna be great!
Anyway, I've got to get to work, so I'll post more later. I'm sure you'll be anxiously awaiting my next post. :)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment