Thursday, June 17, 2004

Life is Good

Life is good. At the beginning of this week I'd found myself in a feelin' sorry for myself rut, but things are going great now. It's been a good week. I'm so incredibly blessed. This week I've been reminded by good friends and role models that even when we feel like there's nothing left, we have to hold onto Jesus, because he's the only solid thing we have. I'm so thankful for that reminder! It totally changed my attitude.

If you don't read Mike Cope's blog, you should. After reading his blog tonight and remembering a recent sermon, I'm reminded that I really "Like Mike." Just a little plug for his blog.

While I'm on the topic of blogs, that's actually one thing that contributed to a good week. In addition to Mike's blog, there are a couple of other blogs I read regularly, one being Brandon Scott Thomas', who is a worship minister in Nashville and also the leader of the Zoe Group. I posted a comment on his blog the other night and got an email back from him on Wednesday morning. We got to talking about Sing Song and such, as he was a Host awhile back and was also a judge this year. It was really cool to get to talk with him and also very encouraging. Read his blog for today. Very entertaining!

Last night, church went great, which is a very good thing. Since I'm in charge of children's ministry stuff on Wednesday night, it's always a bit stressful, but each week gets better than the last. Mark Lewis delivered a rousing version of the Good Samaritan and all was well in kiddie land.

I've been a bit anxious lately about the fact that the children's minister I'm working under is going out of town for a couple weeks, and right before VBS. Today we went to lunch and got all of the plans worked out and I feel much better about it now. I'm going to be somewhat on my own for the next couple of weeks which is kind of exciting! Tomorrow is my short day, so that's good, and then on Sunday I'm singing on the worship team with a great group of people, which is always fun.

Also at work I talked to Kendall online from Germany! Eleven more days and she and Julie will be back. I'm already beginning to prepare myself for the hours and hours of stories and picture viewing. I miss my BFMFs!

I went to Wal Mart tonight after work in preparation for my friend Kim coming to visit tomorrow (which is another exciting part of the week,) and while I was there I got the Keith Urban CD and a pineapple. Actually, I got more than that, but those were the two most exciting things. They make me happy. When I got home, I talked to my old roommate, cleaned, watched SVU and reruns of Who's the Boss and made progress on decorating. Oh, the memories...Tony proposed to Angela tonight.

Now I'm off to get ready for bed and read in my Purpose Driven Life book. Three hours of work tomorrow, a few hours of rest, and then I get to see Kimmy! Thank you, Jesus for all the blessings you've given me!

No comments: