"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
While I believe true success lies solely in knowing Jesus Christ and making him known, I find glipses of truth in this quote. More than anything I want to be known as a follower of Christ, and I know that without Christ I would be absolutely nothing. Even though I understand that being called a follower and friend of Christ needs nothing more to validate it, I wouldn't mind if Emerson's definition of success would someday follow along behind the title "Disciple of Christ" when people remember me.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment