Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Me gusta...

Inspired by another blogger (my preacher,) here are my likes and dislikes. I call them "152 insights into my soul," as a tribute to one of my very favorite movies. :) (Which one? I know my best friends will know it...or at least Julie will.) Okay, so there aren't quite 152 of them, but after you start reading, I'm sure you'll be thankful for that.


I like...

silver, not gold.
rain, not sun.
football, not basketball.
staying in, not going out.
books, not tv.
messy knots, not ponytails.
Harry Potter, not Lord of the Rings
singing, not listening.
red, not orange.
pink, not purple.
Chili's, not Bennigan's.
discount, not full price.
lip gloss, not lipstick.
rubber cement, not glue.
flowers, not candy.
in person, not over the phone.
chocolate, not vanilla. (unless it's Blue Bell)
nice boys, not pretty boys.
AIM, not Yahoo IM.
cable internet, not dial-up.
low rise, not high waisted.
aerobics, not walking.
Autumn, not Fall.
Veggie Tales, not vegetables.
cheese, not pepperoni.
cinnamon, not peppermint.
Bueno, not Bell.
baked, not fried.
Dr. Pepper, not Coke.
t-shirts, not PJs.
Willie, not Waylon.
structure, not chaos.
late nights, not early mornings.
Letterman, not Leno.
chai tea, not cappuccino.
sarcasm, not slapstick.
close friends, not tons of friends.
lemon, not lime.
sandals, not closed toes.
George Straight, not George Michael.
Pantene, not Herbal Essences.


I love my family, Abilene sunsets, constellations, popcorn, holidays, pictures, Mary Engelbreit's art, and laughing til I cry. I love sappy romantic movies and books that make me laugh and cry. I love long conversations with friends, good debates, and getting notes from my strongest and most encouraging friend, Becca. I love barbeque, fajitas, baked ziti, gelato, and Orbit gum. I love Disney World; Glenwood Springs, Colorado; daydreaming about visiting Italy, and the notion of a soul mate. I love going to bed late and getting up somewhat early. I love my apartment and independence. I love music and reading my bible and talking to God. To have a life this full of wonderful things is just another testimony to the fact that I have been richly blessed.

No comments: