I want to fall in love.
I want so badly to find someone to love who will love me back, for all that I am and all that I'm not. I envy the friends of mine who've found that person. I know that I shouldn't, but it's hard not to. I'm thankful for my singleness, and I know that because of that I've gotten to have alot of experiences that my early married friends didn't get. Still, though, it's hard not to wish that I was also lucky enough to have found Mr. Right. I'm only 22, and I have alot of time ahead of me, but I'm so impatient! Sometimes I feel that if God would just tell me who the person was that he had picked out for me, I would be ok, but I'm sure that if I knew that, I would be asking for something more.
I suppose that it's simply because I'm a typical girl that I'm eager to find the ONE, but I know all girls my age aren't so concerned as me. I try to not focus on it so much, and generally I don't, but tonight I saw The Notebook. I'm glad I did. It was a wonderful movie, and I've been waiting ages for it to come out. I'd read the book before, so I knew what I was getting myself into. It was a real tear-jerker, but movies like that are the best kind, in my opinion. I want the kind of love that Noah and Allie had. Not so much the passionate, intense love (although that would be super, too,) but mostly the commitment that he had to her. Even as she wasted away from Alzheimer's, he was there and wouldn't leave her. Love like that seems almost unreal in today's world, but I know that it's possible. I see it all around me, and tonight my hope was renewed that I, too, could someday have a love like that.
Go see the movie, even if you're a boy. It'll restore that hope that so many of us ACU kids leaving Abilene without attachments have let slip away. :)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment