VBS is officially over, and summer is on the downhill slope. We had a great time, and I am so thankful for this experience. The most valuable thing I learned this week is that Highland is not perfect, which is something I needed to learn. I love it very much, but I was glad to discover that many of the people there are normal church-goers. I was also really frustrated finding that out, but that's a good learning experience as well. Enough of that. God blessed us with a great turnout, and the kids had a wonderful time.
I love children. They can pull some of the craziest stunts and you just want to scream, but then they give you a hug and it's all ok. Such rewarding work. I especially loved listening to fourth grade Drew talk about how he's going to move to Hollywood someday. It's so sweet to hear kids talk seriously about their dreams and the great plans they have. I know that to Drew it seems so far away, but it'll be here before he knows it. I have no doubt that God will take Drew to amazing places, and I'm excited to see if he really does make his way out west.
In the next couple weeks, I've got friends and parents coming to visit me, and then I'm off to visit a friend in Galveston. I haven't had a vacation in four years, so I'm really excited. I suddenly feel so grown up, and I can't decide if I like or not.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment