I'm up at work, and I'm a bit bored, so I think I'll take this time to blog. I didn't go to lunch, so this will be my lunch break. :)
I've been recovering from VBS, and I'm just about back to normal. It was a lot of fun, but I'm thankful it's only once a year. This past weekend was really great. Joy, my best friend from high school and my first couple years at ACU, came to visit on Thursday and we had a great time. I haven't spent much time with her in the past year-and-a-half since she graduated from ACU, so we had much catching up to do. We shopped, rented Gothika (which is great,) went and saw Anchorman (which was Will Ferrell's worst movie to date,) and almost got tattoos. I decided to wait until my next paycheck for that one, though.
Saturday night I went with to dinner with Kendall and then to see The Hunt, one of ACU's summer plays. It was very different, but I liked it. My friend Andrew played the future King Arthur, the lead, which made it that much better. During dinner I got to hear more Europe stories from Kendall, which was fun. A good time was had by all.
Sunday after church, I went to the Lewis's house for lunch. I've decided that they're one of my favorite Abilene families. I've known Mark for a long time, but it's been fun getting to know the rest of his family this summer. Casey, their daughter, played piano and we sang together. I hung around for a couple hours visiting and had a great time. I got to take a nap Sunday afternoon, which was much needed, and then Casey and Ryan came over for dinner. It was so much fun getting to visit, especially giving advice and talking to Casey about her upcoming freshman year at ACU. It makes me want to do it all over again! She is a very cool girl, and I am thankful that God brought her into my life this summer. I love having friends of all different ages. I only wish I'd gotten to know the Lewises better early on in my time in Abilene. Last night was also somewhat sad, knowing that Ryan will be leaving soon and I won't have much time left to hang out with him. He's been another tremendous blessing in my life during my time in Abilene.
I also talked to my mom this weekend about the prospect of Grad school. She's planning on getting her masters so that she can do administration, and I'm thinking about doing it as well. Administration would probably be right up my alley to do after teaching for a few years. I think I'd be a good Principal or Vice Principal, and I'd be following in my grandpa's footsteps. He was my elementary school principal, and because of that, we've always had a special bond. I think I should do it, but I just don't know where God wants me to go! How do you know?? If only he'd talk to me like he did to all the Old Testament folks. It would be fun to take classes with my mom, so this has been just another thing thrown into my confusion about what to do when I graduate. Abilene or home? Teaching or children's ministry? I just don't know.
The one thing I do know is that God's got it all mapped out even though I don't have a clue. Props for that, God.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
Awwww, shucks. Thanks again for dinner!
Post a Comment