Thursday, July 08, 2004

Blog Hiatus

I just want to start off by apologizing. I know that all two of you who read this blog are very upset that I haven't updated in several days. I realize that many of you (or both of you) live vicariously throught the excitement of my life, and for that I am very sorry...on many levels.

I had a great weekend at home! Even going to my home church, which I have somewhat began to dread as of late, was a really good experience. The best part of it was that I finally figured out who I'm going to have perform my wedding ceremony. Now I just need a groom. :) (Just kidding, I'm not seriously a desperate ACU almost graduate.) I had a wonderful time with my family and I'm actually beginning to be excited about the probability of moving back to the DFW area after graduation. I got to hang out with some buds as well, and a good time was had by all.

It was nice to get back to Highland on Tuesday after the long weekend. VBS begins this weekend and we are go for launch! The past couple weeks I've been without a chief, but the boss is back now. I had some really good experiences while she was gone, and at this point I actually feel somewhat capable of actually being a real, live children's minister. Today Shelley talked again about proposing to the elders about bringing me on full time. I'm not sure exactly what the verdict will be on that, but I know that I would love many prayers about it. I need some serious peace and clarity about the path I'm going to be taking come December. I really don't feel particularly more called to education than ministry or vice-versa. I know I can do either, and regardless of what decision I make, it's going to be a tough one.

I got to spend some time with a good friend last night, which was such a blessing. It's sad and happy at the same time to see the ways we've grown and changed since we've known each other. Funny to think how different we were when we met at Welcome Week almost four years ago. The people God brought into my life at this time at ACU have been incredible, and I am so thankful for all of these relationships. Amazing.

J-Walk out! (Imagine that in a Ryan Seacrest-esque voice.)

No comments: