Saturday, July 10, 2004

A Few Thoughts

1. Lindsey is moving her stuff in this weekend, and our apartment is going to be the cutest thing ever. Seriously. You should come check it out.

2. IMChaos finds itself near the top of my list of 100 greatest inventions. Well, I suppose it's really more in the middle, but still. I think it's so awesome to be able to see who clicks the link off my IM profile. I may be giving myself away here, but that's alright. Everyone should be informed of the coolness that is IMChaos. My favorite thing about it is that it reveals PWMSNs (or People With Multiple Screen Names, for those of you less familiar with acronyms.) It's funny when people log on under a different name and still give themselves away by clicking on the link.

3. I'm glad that I finally have some friends that I really care about defending. Not that we always agree or that they're perfect, but I guess it's just because we're growing up and we've seen each other at our best and worst. I've learned that in a true friendship you always defend. Not that that I'll never shake my head or roll my eyes when I think about some of the crazy and slightly annoying habits M,J,K,J, and R have, but I know that regardless, I'll always defend them. It's kinda like one of those "I can talk about my sister, but you can't" situations. Fair warning: don't mess with one of my "sisters."

4. I suppose I should talk more about religion and politics in my blog...or should I? These entries I've been writing probably really don't make me sound all that smart. Really I am. (Are you truly smart if you have to convince people of it? Somehow I doubt it.) So onto religion and politics- Religion is a big part of my life, but it's really more about relationship with God than religion, and I'm not a theologian by any means. I'll leave that up to the greats like Mike. Maybe someday I'll feel like I'm at a place to really dive into theology via blog. I'm still trying to figure out my thoughts on it all. Also, I don't know much about politics, unlike my BF Julie, so I'd probably just sound dumb talking about it. I do know that I love George W, because I believe he's a truly great man. I honestly don't believe there are many men who would've been the great leader that Bush has been during his time in office. Oh, and here's my problem with the jerks that call Bush dumb: the way Texans talk is different from the way you guys ("you guys" is Yankee for "y'all") talk, so it's not that he's stupid, it's just that he's from the American Promised Land. Cheesy, maybe, but true.


Off to bed to work on my 4th book list book and then rest up for a long hard day of VBS prep tomorrow.

No comments: