Wednesday, August 25, 2004

And my soul wells up with Hallelujahs...

The past few days have been VERY happy! After I blogged the other night, I came to the realization that maybe I was trying to give God a choice between two purposes for me- either a teacher or a children's minister. Then it dawned on me...what if neither of those are the plans he has for me? I've been limiting him! So from now on, where he leads me, I will follow. At least I pray that I will. Who am I to tell God what he has in store for me? Woohoo!

Then, even cooler than that, the next day I went to staff development for student teaching. It was great, and when I got home, I had a post on my last blog entry that I once again have a new student teaching assignment! For those of you who don't know the story, when I was originally told my teacher and grade, they told me first grade and I just found out on Saturday the 21st that I was actually teaching in fourth grade, which was exciting, but a little scary because I was hoping for some experience with younger ones. Then yesterday, I found out that I have a completely different grade and teacher(s.) I'm in 2nd grade (my first choice) at Bonham Elementary (my first choice) with Kendra Durrington and Jana Higgins, who share a class. We're still not very sure if I have a second placement or not, but even if I don't, it's still great (and probably even better) because I'm still getting to work with two different teachers and I'm staying with one class! I'm especially excited to be with Kendra, because I know her family from Highland and I sing on her husband, Val's, worship team.

Last night after practicing the piano- which I've recently decided to take up- I felt a nasty cold coming on. My fears were confirmed this morning as I woke to a sore throat and all the gunk that goes with that. Yeah, so that was good for the first day of student teaching. Fortunately, I made it through the first day, and it was wonderful! Also fortunately, I was with Mrs. Durrington for my first day, and I had a great time getting to know the kids. They're even glad that I'm going to be there all semester! After school I made it through my first faculty meeting, which was completely painless. :) Tomorrow I meet Mrs. Higgins and I'm looking forward to another "first day!" The only problem was that I felt so yucky with my cold by the end of the day that I skipped working out in order to come home and get some rest. Oh well.

When I got home, my wireless router was here (yay!) but I couldn't get it to work (boo!) which of course made my cold much worse, because I'm really bothered when I can't figure thing out that I should be able to. I have to continually remind myself to be smarter than the machine, but in the world of computers, it just doesn't work that way. Anyway, I was in a really bad mood and lounged out on the couch (sorry Lindsey,) when she (Lindsey) came in and told me that Josh Castle is coming back after all! This excellent news pulled me out of my funk and gave me the energy to blog! Josh Castle, for those of you who don't know, helped in a major way to make Sing Song 2004 the incredible success that it was. He's got mad mad musical skillz, and ACU is so blessed to have him back. Josh, if you read this- you are awesome and I'm so glad to have you back! I can't wait to say someday that I knew you back before you were famous!

So like I said, the past few days have been great. I can't wait to see what God is going to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay...assuming your blog title is from the Chris Rice song, that's just plain freaky! I try to listen to that song every morning on my way to work to get me in the right frame of mind to teach the 23 precious little souls in my class! I think we should get a long just fine this semester!
Kendra

Jennifer said...

Kendra- Wow! That is weird! When I was about to start my blog entry tonight, all of a sudden I heard Chris Rice in my head singing just that part of the chorus. Woo! Gives me chills!