Being sick is not fun. I had no doubts that I would probably get sick within the first week of being around my kiddoes, but I didn't think I'd get sick before I even started. So my first three wonderful days of student teaching were clouded by my awful cold, and I can only imagine how much fun they would've been if I'd been feeling like my normal self! You know how alot of time when you're sick you have weird dreams? Well, last night I dreamed that there was a large alien ship hovering above hwy 183 in Irving and there were alien bomber planes flying out of it. I kept waiting for Will Smith to come out of nowhere and save the day. At least it wasn't a realistic dream. Yeah.
Anyway, the children are absolutely precious, and I am so excited about this semester! Yesterday I actually got to teach for the first time. We talked about the Olympics, and all the children came and sat down around me on the carpet and each contributed their favorite sports and thoughts on the games. I also taught them a little bit about the ancient Greek games and the Olympic torch and flag. One thing I learned yesterday which I thought was really cool: the flag of Greece was inspired by the stars and stripes of the USA flag and also has a cross on it- the symbol of Christianity. As I thought about it, I couldn't believe how amazing that was. A country famous for it's ancient belief in many gods now proclaims Christianity on it's nation's most prominent symbol. How cool is that? One more reason to add to the list of why I want to go to Greece.
OK, so I'm going to go listen to the rain and watch reruns of Beverly Hills 90210. I guess there are some perks to being sick. :)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment