Today I decided that I am going to become politcal. I've always considered myself a republican and believed myself to have conservative views. Lately, though, I've felt a bit out of the loop as others around me have discussed politics. I guess I'm finally at the age where I should be able to carry on intelligent conversation with other adults about issues such as this. Also, I guess it's important to know what I believe if I'm going to make an educated vote.
So...how does one become political? My first step was to take this quiz. I found out that I'm a centralist on both fiscal and non-fiscal issues. Once again, smack dab in the middle...just like on every other quiz and personality test I've ever taken. So that's good to be in the middle, I'm thinking, but it doesn't really reassure me that I'm definitely a republican.
After the quiz, I visited Bush and Kerry's websites. I read the issues that they're running on. I thought it was interesting that they didn't have anything on their websites about abortion or homosexual unions or even the war. At least I know what Bush thinks about that one. Then again, if Kerry puts something like that in print, I guess it would be kind of hard for him to deny that he ever said it...oh wait, he does that anyway.
Since I just threw that bit of politcal knowledge at you, I bet you're wondering where I got it from, seeing as how I've just been saying I don't know much about politics. Two words: Fox News. As I was researching online, I was also watching Shepard Smith and The O'Reilly Factor. When they said a word that I wasn't sure of the definition for, I asked Jeeves. For a fleeting moment I considered watching only Fox News until I completely figured out my politcal views, but then I got bored.
I'm going to keep on researching and continuing to learn more about the campaigns and ideas of both candidates. As for now, I'm ordering my Bush/Cheney '04 bumper sticker. Kerry hasn't impressed me enough to make me really think that he could do a better job than Bush has been doing for the past four years. I like what the B/C team stands for, Bush is a Texas boy, my dad works for Halliburton, and in my opinion, Bush has really done a good job holding things together during this difficult time. I'm also thankful that he's a man of faith, high morals, and prayer.
On the Students for Bush website, ACU is on the list of the top 20 universities nationwide for Bush volunteer recruitment. If you're an ACU student, go here to sign up and help ACU climb even higher...we're not that far behind A&M and UT!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Attagirl. Just wait 'til you get your first paycheck and see how much is carved out. Then you'll order more B/C bumper stickers.
I suppose we just have to ask ourselves what's more important.
Post a Comment