There's something about watching children run wild that just makes you want to laugh...or cry. Tonight, though, as I watched the kids I have been working with all summer at their "Peace-a" Party eating pizza and fruit snacks and then running around aimlessly, I couldn't help but laugh. As I walked through the gym with children whizzing around me, I reveled in their energy and laughter. I think one of the reasons that I so love working with kids is because they have no inhibitions. They do things that we "grown ups" never do, and it's so refreshing. I love it. I wish that I had the ability to just shed my fears and worries and play all the time. :)
This summer has been great. I'm glad I get to stick around with these kids for another semester at least, instead of saying goodbye. Too many goodbyes going on right now anyway. I couldn't handle another one.
There's a meteor shower tonight, and I'm going to go watch it, even if I have to go by myself. I love stars, especially in the summer sky. So beautiful.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment