Friday, September 24, 2004

I LOVE Follies!

It's really late and I have to get up early tomorrow to student teach, but I just couldn't resist writing a quick blog about Freshman Follies. I love it so much! These kids are so awesome. The act that my friends and I directed is the opening act, and it is GREAT! The kids are having fun and they sound great and look so cute. I can't believe that I'm five years older than some of these kids. Helping out with Follies has really caused me to look back on my own Follies experience, and as great as it was, these kids have it so good. Kendall Massey is one of the coolest, most talented people ever, and his direction for the show is amazing. In my Follies show, I sang a song originally recorded by Kermit the Frog. I'm not even kidding you. And while I did a pretty mean rendition of "The Rainbow Connection," I've got to admit that I'm envious of the cool music they're getting to do...Nickel Creek, Gavin DeGraw, Ashley Simpson, and Kelly Clarkson just to name a few. I've had SO much fun doing this show. I think that this kind of thing is just in my blood. I thrive on it. I'd do Sing Song year round if they'd let me. I asked, and they won't.

Anyway, my freshmen kids are great and I'm incredibly tired. If you're in Abilene this weekend come check out my kids at Follies. Just look for the School of Fish performing School of Rock. They're the first, largest group, and best looking. ;-) You can't miss them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is...1:47 a.m.!!!??!!!?! I don't see how you do it!
Kendra